PDA

View Full Version : No Matter Who Wins, SCOTUS Nominees Will Get Younger

Coded-Dude
07-27-2012, 9:04 AM
Voters won’t be punching chads or hitting touch screens with the names of U.S. Supreme Court nominees on Nov. 6. But with three justices in their late 70s and a fourth in his mid-70s, chances are strong that a second-term Barack Obama or a first-term Mitt Romney will have the opportunity to nominate one or more replacements. Already, many in legal and political circles have drawn up lists of potential nominees.

“The Supreme Court is essentially going to be on the ballot this November,” says Margery F. Baker, executive vice president of People for the American Way, a liberal group based in Washington, D.C. “We want to make sure people understand the stakes.”source - full article (http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/youth_will_out_no_matter_who_wins_scotus_nominees_ will_get_younger/)

OBAMA PICKS: Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Merrick Garland
ROMNEY PICKS: Brett Kavanaugh, Diane Sykes, Paul Clement

Kamala Harris!?! :eek:

OleCuss
07-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Very worthwhile article.

Having Kamala sort of at the top of the list should make the choice between Romney and Obama pretty stark.

Stonewalker
07-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Very worthwhile article.

Having Kamala sort of at the top of the list should make the choice between Romney and Obama pretty stark.

Seriously. This should stick in the mind of any gun owner out there who is left-leaning. Strategy is more important than ideology people. I say this as a left-leaning (but strongly anti-authoritarian and libertarian) gun owner.

mag360
07-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Romney will appoint Andrew Napolitono and Legg. Obama will appoint Kamala Harris and perhaps another "wise latina" lol.

Skidmark
07-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Harris would indeed be a scary choice - I have not been at all impressed by her record, in either local or state offices.

But I'll still vote for Obama.

Coded-Dude
07-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Harris would indeed be a scary choice - I have not been at all impressed by her record, in either local or state offices.

But I'll still vote for Obama.

That is an interesting position to take, to say the least.