gant
07-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Nice when is she suppose to call?

WootSauce
07-27-2012, 4:50 PM
did you ever get the phone call?

WootSauce
07-27-2012, 4:55 PM
Nope... nothing today. Hoping Monday or next week. My hopes aren't high though :)

But I at least know that a few are hearing what I have to say. That doesn't mean anything other than that - I can't control how they will vote or if I'm just getting the usual brush-off, but at least I know that I'm being heard.

At this point, in todays political climate, that's about all I can hope for.

Yeah, that's why I asked. I've never heard of someone actually getting a call to discuss a bill

smirnus3000
07-30-2012, 9:12 PM
Great job!!!!!!

haveyourmile
07-30-2012, 9:41 PM
Another reply:

Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Senator Dutton regarding the current issues related to gun control.

Senator Dutton is an avid sportsman and hunter, and an active member of the NRA. As a matter of fact, he has a prize-winning gun dog, and takes him to field trials when he gets the chance.

You may rest assured that the Senator will oppose any legislation that restricts the reasonable 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

I hope this helps -- please feel free to call if you have any questions.

Jennifer

And no... I won't shut up.

That part scares me

JSolie
07-31-2012, 1:05 PM
Just sent emails to the entire assembly. One. At. A. Time. Once my hands & eyes recover, I'll send the same message to the Senate..with a different message for Sen. Yee. Polite, of course.

Just finished sending emails to the Senate.

wildhawker
07-31-2012, 1:27 PM
Please use the arguments in the letter/petition at http://stopsb249.org. It's *important*.

You can effectively reach who you need to by using the tools at http://stopsb249.org/take-action.

-Brandon

JSolie
07-31-2012, 5:13 PM
Please use the arguments in the letter/petition at http://stopsb249.org. It's *important*.

You can effectively reach who you need to by using the tools at http://stopsb249.org/take-action.

-Brandon

Roger, that. I did. The verbiage in that letter was far more clear and concise than what I attempted to cobble together. Props to the author. :)

wildhawker
07-31-2012, 5:17 PM
Roger, that. I did. The verbiage in that letter was far more clear and concise than what I attempted to cobble together. Props to the author. :)

Thank you. ;)

-Brandon

GREASY357
07-31-2012, 5:17 PM
tagged, great work blitz (and everyone else helping), I will start the emails as soon as im off work :)

GREASY357
07-31-2012, 5:18 PM
tagged, great work blitz (and everyone else helping), I will start the emails as soon as im off work :)

JSolie
07-31-2012, 7:05 PM
Brandon - is this the letter you are speaking of?

I strongly oppose SB 249 regarding "assault weapon conversion kits."

SB 249 will make thousands of law-abiding California gun owners into criminals and subject hundreds of thousands of personal property items to state-sponsored confiscation without compensation, an unlawful taking under the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Since there are at least a few hundred thousand - and likely millions - of items which would be considered unlawful "conversion kits" under the law, SB 249 would either [A] require a method of compensation be provided as part of the bill (with overall funding of at least $25 Million dollars), or [B] expose the taxpayers of the State of California to tens of millions of dollars of class-action lawsuits, civil rights litigation, compensation for unconstitutional takings, and plaintiff's legal fees.

Further, each unlawful arrest of an innocent or unsuspecting Californian will incur tens of thousands of dollars of cost. Based on actual history with California's existing firearms laws, it's not difficult to see how these improper arrests could themselves reach into the millions of dollars of cost to taxpayers and municipalities.

Despite Sen. Yee's stated goals for the legislation, the bill has no provisions for law enforcement or civilian training, education, or public outreach. It is reasonable to anticipate that the necessary outreach and education for SB 249 would incur millions of dollars of taxpayer-borne costs.

SB 249 violates the United States Constitution, the California Constitution, and will only cause mass confusion, hurt innocent California families, cost the taxpayers money, and subject law enforcement officers and departments to unnecessary litigation.

I join the Stop SB 249 coalition, The Calguns Foundation, and Cal-FFL in urging you to oppose the bill.

Respectfully yours,

I believe it is. :)

Wrangler John
08-01-2012, 12:09 PM
In my somewhat slow and considered approach to most things, I did two things:

Yesterday, July31, I found a brand new Colt Model CR6724CA leaning in the rack at my favorite San Carlos gun shop. Because it may do for varmint hunting, I bought it. This is my leap of faith. We all hang together, or we surely will all hang separately. I read that somewhere.

Today I begin the email campaign against SB249. Doing this is a pain for me, I suffer from political fatigue. I am weary from a lifetime of working within a governmental system largely controlled by inept individuals wishing to accomplish things that have no chance of working, but that appear desirable or politically correct. Yet there is little choice, procrastination is the root of defeat.

saint7
08-01-2012, 12:30 PM
How come that guy can not speak english? Is he American or a chinese national????

Ar15obsession
08-01-2012, 5:00 PM
Quick question are they trying to ban the bullet button or Mag magnets. From what i've read it seems like they want to ban mag magnets, please correct me if im wrong

Carnivore
08-01-2012, 6:47 PM
Quick question are they trying to ban the bullet button or Mag magnets. From what i've read it seems like they want to ban mag magnets, please correct me if im wronghttp://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=9046040&postcount=1643

Suposedly not anymore.

wildhawker
08-06-2012, 8:24 PM
Our letters'/petitions' messaging will be changed as soon as the amends are posted. Keep using what we have for now.

-Brandon

Librarian
08-06-2012, 8:59 PM
Another brush off response:

[I]From: Senator.Liu@senate.ca.gov [mailto:Senator.Liu@senate.ca.gov]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 11:01 AM
Subject: From the Office of Senator Carol Liu

I did vote in support of SB 249 on the Senate Floor.
Apparently she doesn't care to notice that what she voted for is no longer the content.

tenpercentfirearms
08-07-2012, 6:00 PM
Blitz, I don't do PMs. That video is public so feel free to send it out if you want. They probably all saw it this morning in the Capitol Morning Report. :43:

SinglePoint
08-07-2012, 6:46 PM
I'm almost glad Yee moved it forward (not really), since it sure has helped rally the troops. Thanks and keep representing!

steve91104
08-07-2012, 7:01 PM
Reply from my state senator (Liu):

"Thank you for your email. This bill is currently in the Senate Appropriations Committee, of which I am not a member. Should this bill come before me for a vote, I will take your comments into consideration."

lithium381
08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Funny, I just received another six responses from Assembly members - all just canned responses. As I look through them, almost every Republican has responded directly with an email, and almost all the responses I've received from Democrats are just canned autoresponders, like this:

Thank you for your recent message. This is an automatic reply to inform you that I have received your email.

Please be advised that I receive a large volume of emails each month and that priority is given to my constituents. Please feel free to submit your comments by clicking on this link and providing your contact information on the form.

If you are inviting me to an event, please contact my Capitol office at (916) 319-2023. If you are a constituent in the 23rd Assembly District and this is an urgent matter, please call my District Office at (408) 277-1220.

All other inquiries and correspondence will be reviewed by my staff as promptly as possible.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Assemblymember Nora Campos

Crap! Nora Campos is my elected representative . . . :(

sreiter
08-13-2012, 7:27 PM
I just replied to the Senators email and asked for clarification on the above statement.

I will be interesting if I get a reponse, and if in fact he actually gives me a clarification or just the brush-off.

I'm used the the brush-off ;)

But the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sometimes :)

i'd say a abstained vote, does harm, they need to vote NO