PDA

View Full Version : Public records check

MuddvilleHustler
07-27-2012, 7:57 AM
is there a way to check to see if someone has a CCW

Manolito
07-27-2012, 8:20 AM
If I typed my answer I would be banned from a forum I enjoy visiting.

MYOB

johnny_22
07-27-2012, 8:26 AM
If a newspaper listed them, google.com should show it.

MuddvilleHustler
07-27-2012, 9:05 AM
I was curious about looking up public officials who are against CCW but posses one for them selfs. I was reading a book from John Lott. He stated in his book that Dian Finstine aka Frankinstine had one. So it gave me the idea that what makes these public officials deem themselves the protections from the 2nd amendment but not us commoners.

MuddvilleHustler
07-27-2012, 9:06 AM
If I typed my answer I would be banned from a forum I enjoy visiting.

MYOB

You can PM it to me

Kukuforguns
07-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Yes. If you have a particular person in mind and you know where that person lives, submit a public records request to the applicable city police department and to the applicable county sheriff's department. The California Supreme Court has already considered this issue and held that the information is public. Google California public records request.

P5Ret
07-27-2012, 10:39 AM
yes the hypocrite you mentioned (I refuse to utter the name) did at one time have a CCW, as well as a revolver that had SFPD stamped on the frame. Said gun was turned in at "buy back" events more than once, and retrieved by her Capitol Police security detail. She may still have it as it is rumored that she is a target of some group that has broken into her SF home on more than one occasion.