View Full Version : Anything fun and gun-related near Laughlin?

07-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Going to be in Laughlin this weekend to go boating with the GF's parents on Sunday, we are heading up early and basically have Saturday until the early evening with nothing planned yet. Last time I was in Laughlin was a few months before I had even considered purchasing my first gun. Is there a cool range within a reasonable distance, store with interesting stuff that I might want to waste my money on, etc? Trying to stay within a 30-40 minute drive of Laughlin. Thanks.

07-27-2012, 7:05 AM
I just was there with basically the same scenario. Just drive into the hills to either side of the river, far enough away and shoot some fruit

07-27-2012, 7:47 AM
Hmmm, I may just have to do that, I wasn't really planning on bringing anything other than the LC9 for SD purposes though. Guess I can always bring the 1911 as well.

07-27-2012, 9:30 AM
Bullhead City, AZ (BHC) is across the River from Laughlin, NV. I stopped into a Gun Store in BHC and found their prices too be ridiculously high. They had a few cool used guns, including a Dan Wesson Revolver with several barrels. I just found the prices too high.
Be careful about shooting anywhere near the river. I visit some of the coves near Catherine's Landing and have come across Park Rangers in very desolate places. The area near the river is posted against shooting. I cannot remember the exact warning on the signs.

07-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah you cant shoot anywhere near water, its a reserve, but the hills are good to go. I go up past the storage place on Needles Hwy to the west

07-27-2012, 11:47 AM

07-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Did I mention it will be Hot?
Rule #1 place a towel or blanket over your tailgate before placing magazines onto the tail gate, this will prevent burns to your hands as you pick the magazines up.
Rule #2 Place a towel or blanket on your tailgate before you set your weapon on the tailgate, this will prevent you from burning your hand and dropping your weapon into the sand which will require cleaning of an extremely hot weapon before you can shoot it.
Rule #3 Place a towel or balnket on your tailgate before placing ammunition on said tail gate, that will prevent you from burning your hand and fingers when you handle the molten hot ammunition.

07-27-2012, 1:31 PM
plenty of good pawnshops/lots of guns in Kingman AZ...35, 40 min if i remember