PDA

View Full Version : mountian lion shot by police

Shoot-it
07-26-2012, 9:20 PM
A mountain lion was shot and killed by police just east of the city of Turlock.At first i thought it was just a rumor but i found the news release.

http://centralvalleytv.net/2012/07/26/authorities-encounter-mountain-lion-near-turlock/
the Modesto bee link is better .The lady had her back door broken in from the cat and she came out with a machete in hand lol
http://www.modbee.com/2012/07/26/2298005/mountain-lion-shot-killed-near.html

They don't know why it's out of tit's territory well duh since we can't hunt them anymore the population has exploded and they are coming down from the sierras following the river.

rooster85
07-26-2012, 9:50 PM
Maybe once a few more kids and hikers get killed they'll wake up and let us thin out the population a bit.

Ken Woodford
07-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Hey at least they know what a Mountain Lion looks like. The Redlands Police shot a fat house cat at 60 yards thinking it was the 150 pound lion that they were after.

Shoot-it
07-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Hey at least they know what a Mountain Lion looks like. The Redlands Police shot a fat house cat at 60 yards thinking it was the 150 pound lion that they were after.
hey sometimes looks can be deceiving..........:smilielol5:

I found out about this the day it happened threw my face book account the sheriff depudy said shooting that cat was the high light of his day :D lucky guy.

mif_slim
07-26-2012, 10:35 PM
I saw a Mt. Lion while driving thru Ave 7 out to I-5. I thought I was seeing things but know for sure a cat isn't that big and muscular. It was prowling thru the orchards...no idea why or where it came from but that got my attention.

Bangzoom
07-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Maybe once a few more kids and hikers get killed they'll wake up and let us thin out the population a bit.

that sounds very familiar

Divernhunter
07-26-2012, 11:05 PM
They shot one of my pet kitty's. Fluffy still had its flee collar on with the bell. I am still upset :)

Fireguy
07-26-2012, 11:58 PM
There is a family of mountain Lions living on the Cal campus near the Greek near the football field.
Last year they shot a mountain lion in downtown Berkeley.

Shoot-it
07-27-2012, 12:22 AM
They shot one of my pet kitty's. Fluffy still had its flee collar on with the bell. I am still upset :)
They killed that cat not to far from you Doug on east Linwood Avenue. Watch out next time one of your kitties is going to bring a new friend over for dinner lol.

duckman1
07-27-2012, 3:16 PM
A farmer friend of mine took some pictures of this same cat (we believe) just a couple of month ago. It was in one of his walnut trees just down the road.

p7m8jg
07-27-2012, 3:30 PM
A mountain lion was shot and killed by police just east of the city of Turlock.

<snip>

They don't know why it's out of tit's territory <snip>.

Where is this territory you speak of? Sounds interesting.....:D