PDA

View Full Version : Dang These CA Gun Laws

M. Crane
07-26-2012, 6:19 PM
I walk the line and follow the law to the last crossed T and dotted I.

But DANG these idiot CA gun laws!

This Colorado movie theater thing... while unbelievably tragic, it is a major blow to Second Amendment Rights. Apparently, the son-of-a-***** purchased everything legally.

One of my arguments with friends in the past was... "Criminals don't buy their guns and ammo at their local sporting goods store or on the Internet."

Well, I hear this guy did just that.

I'm wondering if one of his real reasons for the carnage was to lash out at law-abiding gun owners. It's going to affect us all in a bad way.

Carsgunsandchics
07-26-2012, 6:30 PM
I walk the line and follow the law to the last crossed T and dotted I.

But DANG these idiot CA gun laws!

This Colorado movie theater thing... while unbelievably tragic, it is a major blow to Second Amendment Rights. Apparently, the son-of-a-***** purchased everything legally.

I don't think he did as he lied on the forms, while being untruthful, and while planning a crime.

M. Crane
07-26-2012, 6:38 PM
This guy had no record. How would a lie be detected before the fact?

phrogg111
07-26-2012, 6:57 PM
This guy had no record. How would a lie be detected before the fact?

It wouldn't be.

Tragedies happen. That's life.

The guy could have just used a shotgun and brought extra ammo and done more damage. "Assault Weapons" had nothing to do with it.

70 or 71 people got shot, 12 of them died. Thousands of people die in car accidents, and drunk driving / alcohol poisoning kills thousands more people every year than any gun violence.

lordvader
07-26-2012, 7:02 PM
Cops and politions lie all the time. But heaven forbid that we do. Ive been thinking the politions and the banks know exactly what they are doing. Making it hard for everyone.

Rossi357
07-26-2012, 7:05 PM
People have been killing people since Cain and Abel. No law will stop it.

M. Crane
07-26-2012, 7:19 PM
People have been killing people since Cain and Abel. No law will stop it.

Amen.

mrbalbowski
07-26-2012, 7:36 PM
I'm wondering if one of his real reasons for the carnage was to lash out at law-abiding gun owners. It's going to affect us all in a bad way.

lol, yeah he didit to spite us..you serious?

Carnivore
07-26-2012, 7:36 PM
On July 20th 2012 one legal gun owner decided to break the law and kill 12 people and injure over 50 more. On that same day 80 million legal gun owners did not kill or injure anyone.

M. Crane
07-26-2012, 9:29 PM
lol, yeah he didit to spite us..you serious?

No, heck no, I was just pulling your leg...

kaligaran
07-26-2012, 9:31 PM
It's like Hoffman said in his well written article... you can't predict crazy.

Someone will get in their car after drinking at a bar (which has a parking lot) and on the way home they will wreck into a family becuase they are 3x over the legal limit. That driver purchased both the car and alcohol legally. The car salesman couldn't have predicted that.

boamedt
07-27-2012, 7:42 AM
Cops shoot inocent people all time....should we ban cops?

Fish
07-27-2012, 9:38 AM
On July 20th 2012 one legal gun owner decided to break the law and kill 12 people and injure over 50 more. On that same day 80 million legal gun owners did not kill or injure anyone.

... on that same day, 200 crimes were prevented nationwide by private citizens using firearms. In over 90% of these cases, no shot was fired, the presence of the firearm was enough to prevent the crime. And these are the officially reported numbers, the US DOJ estimates that only a tenth of these instances are reported.

Unlike the tragedy in Colorado, what I described above happens every single day.

[These are all stats I've heard in the last year; I wish I had time right now to go track down the sources.]

huntercf
07-27-2012, 9:58 AM
What about the truck in TX carrying suspected illegal aliens that crashed and killed 13 of them, that is one more than CO yet I don't see anyone (politicians) calling for the ban of vehicles or limiting how fast they can drive.

KWB977
07-27-2012, 10:01 AM
someone pulled out a knife in a post office and stabbed someone for cutting in line, I dont see anyone banning knifes........

Carsgunsandchics
07-27-2012, 4:43 PM
someone pulled out a knife in a post office and stabbed someone for cutting in line, I dont see anyone banning knifes........

Wouldn't that be two people cutting in line?

durandal
07-27-2012, 5:32 PM

We should ban lines at the post office...