PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with Peninsula Guns and their CA dealer license?!?

ShropshireSlasher
07-26-2012, 1:06 PM
Went to buy something from Peninsula Guns and they claim that California hasn't granted them their CA dealer license and can't even run the background check until they do. Anyone have any more info on why this would be?

kengotit
07-26-2012, 1:27 PM
They recently switch ownership, last time I was there the store is was open, same guns same employees different store name,

ShropshireSlasher
07-27-2012, 9:11 AM
They recently switch ownership, last time I was there the store is was open, same guns same employees different store name,

Hmm...well, anyone know how long it takes to get messes like this sorted out?

Rogue187
07-28-2012, 9:03 AM
This is something they need to get corrected with the State BOE..It has to do with they sales/resale certificate.
They were running it under the old Golden Gate Guns licensing and now they want to take over..Somewhere they hit a snag with BOE..
Hope they get it taken care of soon..
They do have some nice stuff but it would be better if they got their pawn license..which would allow them to do consignments..

Ron-Solo
07-28-2012, 9:26 AM
BOE is only for collecting sales tax. If that was the problem, they couldn't sell anything.

Most likely,the problem is with Cal DOJ which also licenses gun dealers. Without them, you can't access the DROS system. I know another shop that change licenses, and they were down about a month.

tenpercentfirearms
07-29-2012, 7:26 AM
BOE is only for collecting sales tax. If that was the problem, they couldn't sell anything.

Most likely,the problem is with Cal DOJ which also licenses gun dealers. Without them, you can't access the DROS system. I know another shop that change licenses, and they were down about a month.

We must have a valid BOE retail certificate in order to be approved for a CFD and be able to DROS. So not having the proper documentation from BOE certainly would invalidate your CFD and stop you from DROSing.

And the BOE probably wouldn't care that you kept selling things without your permit as long as you sent your sales tax in like you still had your permit.