PDA

View Full Version : Buds gun shop! CA compliant section

Gringo Bandito
07-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Received this email from Bud's announcing a new section dedicated to CA guns sales. Thought that it was pretty cool.

From Buds:

We are VERY excited to announce the new California Compliant handgun category on www.budsgunshop.com!

Simply locate and click on which is located on the far left side of the website under .

This new category allows our California customers to quickly and easily shop and compare over 700 different handguns that are legal to purchase as per the CA-DOJ Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale. The entire category lists handguns in order of price, lowest to highest, so you can quickly find and compare several firearms all withing your desired price range. Also, please remember all our advertised firearm prices INCLUDE shipping to the local FFL dealer of your choice ! Handguns are shipped UPS Blue 2-day air, and long guns are shipped UPS ground.

Speaking of long guns, our #1 selling AK-47 manufacturer of all time is now producing models legal to own in the great state of California! We just received our first shipment with 2 different models that are now compliant in California ! You can click on either photo below to be linked directly to either of these AK-47s on www.budsgunshop.com.

*Click photo to be taken to product link on budsgunshop.com

Please Note: We received a very limited number of these CA Approved rifles on our initial order. However, we do have more coming, so please keep checking back if they are already sold out by the time you receive this email.

We sincerely appreciate all the business California residents have honored us with over the last 10 years. We also understand the restrictions and associated difficulties you face when purchasing your firearms. For these reasons, we will continue to provide our California customers with these additional resources to simplify the firearms purchasing process at www.budsgunshop.com

Thank you !

Team Buds

drifter2be
07-26-2012, 12:25 PM
NICE! Bud's is awesome. I love businesses that support CA and makes things more accessible for us. Even though I am getting ready to move I will still only be using online vendors that are CA friendly.

dlouie87
07-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Nice!

BigRobb
07-26-2012, 1:40 PM
I just got this e-mail too! Kinda negates the argument about what you say to those who won't sell to California online!

44fred
07-26-2012, 1:52 PM
Not all get it, Bud's does.

Why any vendor would dismiss a state with 30mil+ is beyond stupid!

707electrician
07-26-2012, 1:53 PM
Good on buds!

Adeodatus
07-26-2012, 2:01 PM
AWESOME!!!

Darn they are already out of M&P45s...

Legasat
07-26-2012, 2:03 PM
Got the same email.

One of the few that seem to appreciate us! That's worth some of our business!!

07-26-2012, 3:57 PM
I love businesses that support CA ...

Dud's?

:laugh:

keenkeen
07-26-2012, 4:10 PM
Dud's?

:laugh:

I have to agree...

They will not ship non-roster to CA even in cases where it is legal (SSE, LEO, etc.)

A roster section is great but why not ship anything that an ffl in CA sends you a copy of there license for?

The CA ffl is doing the transfer...

.22guy
07-26-2012, 5:45 PM
I'm assuming they still don't send AR's to CA?

Outonthegrind
07-26-2012, 8:32 PM
I have to agree...

They will not ship non-roster to CA even in cases where it is legal (SSE, LEO, etc.)

A roster section is great but why not ship anything that an ffl in CA sends you a copy of there license for?

^^Answered my question^^..and yea, I got the email but was attempting to order a 229 scorpion but never got a response from them even though i emailed multiple times; the website blocks cali orders on off roster pistols immediately, even though my FFL is on board. I guess its cool they're recognizing and attempting to sell pistols to californians but would prefer that they would treat us like every other state and let our local FFLs worry about the details..

Sam
07-26-2012, 8:54 PM
I have to agree...

Bingo. I had a long discussion with one of the customer service reps about their refusal to send me an off roster M&P. They know it's legal but they still refuse. I actually got the same email and that reminded me to get me off their mailing list. You guys can spend your money with Buds and I'll spend it with someone who will get me the guns I want.

drifter2be
07-27-2012, 9:04 AM
I have to agree...

Man, some people just love to find a reason to ***** and moan about a company.

With as many vendors as there are that won't ship ANY guns to CA one would think people would be a little more appreciative of a company that makes the CA approved guns a little more accessible. If I was running a business I wouldn't want to ship non-roster guns to CA anyway, talking to the few kitchen-table FFLs I have dealt with in the past they have had a lot of issues with idiots that don't check the roster before ordering and have to deal with shipping guns back to the retailer because of it. At that point, the retailer has wasted time, money and resources for a non-sale, the FFL has wasted their time and money having to ship back a gun that couldn't be transferred in the first place.

The problem with the section I highlighted in red is that not everyone that buys online contacts an FFL to have the gun shipped, usually people will just use one of the recommended FFLs that they have on file. So, going back to what I said before, non-roster gun gets sent to this FFL because buyer is an idiot and didn't check with the FFL first, retailer and FFL have their time wasted due to ignorant CA buyer.

But if you want to keep pretending in your little world that Bud's is not CA friendly, try ordering any on-roster guns from CDNN or Cheaper than Dirt and let me know how that goes. :p

keenkeen
07-27-2012, 9:28 AM

With as many vendors as there are that won't ship ANY guns to CA one would think people would be a little more appreciative of a company that makes the CA approved guns a little more accessible. If I was running a business I wouldn't want to ship non-roster guns to CA anyway, talking to the few kitchen-table FFLs I have dealt with in the past they have had a lot of issues with idiots that don't check the roster before ordering and have to deal with shipping guns back to the retailer because of it. At that point, the retailer has wasted time, money and resources for a non-sale, the FFL has wasted their time and money having to ship back a gun that couldn't be transferred in the first place.

The problem with the section I highlighted in red is that not everyone that buys online contacts an FFL to have the gun shipped, usually people will just use one of the recommended FFLs that they have on file. So, going back to what I said before, non-roster gun gets sent to this FFL because buyer is an idiot and didn't check with the FFL first, retailer and FFL have their time wasted due to ignorant CA buyer.

But if you want to keep pretending in your little world that Bud's is not CA friendly, try ordering any on-roster guns from CDNN or Cheaper than Dirt and let me know how that goes. :p

Or we could just keep ordering from the online retailers who:

1) Have better prices than Buds
2) Have no problem shipping legal off roster pistols to a CA customer after confirming that the customer and their ffl know what they are doing.

But if you want to get all excited about Buds putting up CA OK section enjoy...
;)

07-27-2012, 9:31 AM

Man, some people actually have prior experience with Dud's.

But if you want to keep pretending in your little world that Dud's is CA friendly, I couldn't care less.

nn3453
07-27-2012, 9:36 AM
I'm assuming they still don't send AR's to CA?

They do ship BB ARs now.

It is funny how the world has changed.

Back when the OLL craze started, everyone was like "oh all you guys are going to jail."

Now big wholesale stores, even out of state ones that refused to do business with CA want our money.

A good thing in my opinion, but I'd still support CA vendors.

g17owner
07-27-2012, 9:37 AM
There is really no advantage of ordering through buds price wise because all the CA stuff is just as cheap at large chain retailers here in ca or the small mom and pop stores around me. They have Glock 17's listed for $499 and by the time your done with all the fees associated with ordering through buds the $520 everyday price of my local gun store is less expensive. It is always good though when retailers are willing to work with CA though so I will give them that.

kb58
07-27-2012, 9:48 AM
I avoid the entire issue, both timewise and emotionally, by ordering from vendors that will ship here. Good prices, fast transactions, I get what I want, they get paid, end of story. I don't waste time pleading with anyone to ship here; if a company wants to restrict their sales, fine. Capitalism at work.

dpharley
07-27-2012, 9:52 AM
They also have AR rifles configured CA compliant. I've bought several bolt actions from Buds and you couldn't ask for better service they are great!

drifter2be
07-27-2012, 9:58 AM
Man, some people actually have prior experience with Dud's.

But if you want to keep pretending in your little world that Dud's is CA friendly, I couldn't care less.

First, I do have experience with Bud's, have ordered from them twice now and both have been the most painfree and pleasant online gun purchases I have ever made.

And secondly, I really DGAF about companies being CA friendly or not, I'm out of this commie state in two months and will be enjoying buying all kinds of stuff you can't get here anyway:p, so feel free to continue to piss and moan about online retailer policies, and I will enjoy purchasing a SBR AR-15 in a few months, oh and not having some retarded bullet button on it either.:D

MudCamper
07-27-2012, 10:28 AM
They do ship BB ARs now.

It is funny how the world has changed.

Yep. I tried to order just an upper from Buds a few years ago, and they wouldn't do it. And they sent me a nasty Californian-bashing email to boot.

Sam
07-27-2012, 11:20 PM
And secondly, I really DGAF about companies being CA friendly or not, I'm out of this commie state in two months and will be enjoying buying all kinds of stuff you can't get here anyway:p, so feel free to continue to piss and moan about online retailer policies, and I will enjoy purchasing a SBR AR-15 in a few months, oh and not having some retarded bullet button on it either.:D

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Seriously, your attitude isn't helpful to anyone at all.