PDA

View Full Version : Oh no you can buy ammo online!

TNP'R
07-26-2012, 10:27 AM
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Everybody goes online looking for bargains, and people shopping for ammunition are no different. Web sites like BulkAmmo.com, AmmunitionToGo.com and CheaperThanDirt.com are thriving by peddling cheap ammunition to firearms enthusiasts.

Online retailers make up a relatively new and fast-growing segment of the $2.8 billion ammunition industry. And after the mass shooting in Aurora, Colo., they're now in the spotlight.

"The industry has grown immensely over the last few years, given the convenience that it provides," said Nima Samadi, senior economist IBISWorld. "For sport shooters, these sites sell in volume. They're making up a rising portion of sales."

Police officials say that James Holmes, who is in police custody for allegedly killing 12 people and wounding more than 50, bought 6,000 rounds online.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/26/technology/ammo-online/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2

NYsteveZ
07-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah...I read that. Whats really disturbing to me in this case is the exact same argument that I called these guys out on in the C&R forum said-"Im glad I got C&R guns and they are not coming after mine. The AR is a piece of sh**. Well...They didnt want to stand by us, and now the antis are targeting ammo. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=598891
United we stand, divided we fall

Montu
07-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Seriously yesterday this very nice lady at work saw I was watching a some gun related youtube stuff and said "that's scary..didn't that crazy guy in Colorado order stuff online?"

:facepalm:

TNP'R
07-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Yeah...I read that. Whats really disturbing to me in this case is the exact same argument that I called these guys out on in the C&R forum said-"Im glad I got C&R guns and they are not coming after mine. The AR is a piece of sh**. Well...They didnt want to stand by us, and now the antis are targeting ammo. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=598891

Yep anti's on another forum are calling for ammo prices to be sky high so no one can afford them..

boamedt
07-26-2012, 12:06 PM
O no not online where u can buy everything.....its legal whats the problem?...i love how people think more gun laws will stop anything. The guy would have got all the stuff illegally if those guns and ammo were against the law...so what would that law have done? They would just have another thing to charge u with...which is the least of this guys worries...they think if everyone has a gun its gona be the wild west. Well how many people do u think would goto a movie theater and shoot it up if your they knew 75% of the people in theater had guns and would shoot back...hmm probably not many. But having people be educated on guns instead of fear them is not what our gov wants.....ignorance is the wealth of our nation

fremont lapua
07-26-2012, 1:02 PM
He did not have to buy the ammo online he did because it is cheaper, that's my assumption. He could have bought it locally, he did not have a criminal history before the incident, and the only way to have stopped him would have been to relax the gun laws so every citizen that's wants to carry and has no criminal history can do so in EVERY public place. Then he would not have got off more then one magazine before someone would have taken him down.

brassburnz
07-26-2012, 1:30 PM
To an avid shooting enthusiast, 6,000 rounds is not that much. Also, they fail to mention what caliber he purchased.

6,000 rounds of .22 rimfire target ammo is well within reason. I usually buy .22 ammo by the case. (5,000 rounds)

To a non-gunner, two pistols, a rifle, a shotgun and 6,000 rounds of ammo is an "arsenal of death." To me that's a month's worth of 3-gun practice.

mosinnagantm9130
07-26-2012, 2:09 PM

What are you talking about?

I don't like the AR, but like I said, I don't want it banned. The Cali AW ban needs to go away.

TempleKnight
07-26-2012, 2:37 PM
To an avid shooting enthusiast, 6,000 rounds is not that much. Also, they fail to mention what caliber he purchased.

6,000 rounds of .22 rimfire target ammo is well within reason. I usually buy .22 ammo by the case. (5,000 rounds)

To a non-gunner, two pistols, a rifle, a shotgun and 6,000 rounds of ammo is an "arsenal of death." To me that's a month's worth of 3-gun practice.

As a competitive shooter, I'm screwed without online sales. My pistol needs .40 long (1.18) from Atlanta Arms, which is also the ONLY place to get 38 Super Comp major. I guess it's time to buy a Dillon 650.

I definitely keep the ammo locker over 6K rds. Budget constraints limit me to ordering about 1-2K of 5.56 a month.

tal3nt
07-26-2012, 2:49 PM
He did not have to buy the ammo online he did because it is cheaper, that's my assumption. He could have bought it locally, he did not have a criminal history before the incident, and the only way to have stopped him would have been to relax the gun laws so every citizen that's wants to carry and has no criminal history can do so in EVERY public place. Then he would not have got off more then one magazine before someone would have taken him down.

Too bad his one magazine was a 100rd drum

NYsteveZ
07-26-2012, 4:05 PM
What are you talking about?

I don't like the AR, but like I said, I don't want it banned. The Cali AW ban needs to go away.

Not everyone in that thread, but a few (mainly the OP) shows their ignorance. Obama doesnt even know what kind of weapon was used in the attack, as his statement said "AK47s should be on a battlefield". Clearly he wants a ban that would cover more than ARs. My point to bringing that thread up, is the fact that some people have their head in the sand when it comes to 2A rights. If there was a propposed ban on SKS', I would be standing right next to everyone in the C&R crowd, and not saying "Thank God they wont be coming after my Mini-14", which is exactly what the OP is saying there.

Back to the subject of this thread-People are buying ammo online? Oh my! You can also buy drugs, sex, and even obtain info on making WMD. The answer is clear, we must ban the internet so people cannot do this.