PDA

View Full Version : MILLER: Dispelling gun myths (Washington Times)

kaligaran
07-26-2012, 9:57 AM
I searched for this title, so hopefully not a dup.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/23/dispelling-gun-myths/

The most recent FBI figures show just 358 of the 8,775 murders by firearm in 2010 involved rifles of any type. By comparison, 745 people were beaten to death with only hands that year, but no one has called for outlawing fists.

Burla
07-26-2012, 11:09 AM
A news source with balls to tell the truth and actually use facts to back it up, how rare. I live for the day CBS 5 does the same, in other words I'll be alive for a long while.

Mendo223
07-26-2012, 11:11 AM
wow surprised this is coming from the washington times...

its just amazing how the anti gun lobby, politicians like bloomberg and fienstein, just make up straight LIES to furthur their agenda..

what is even more ridiculous, is that the laws they are calling for do not directly address the colorado shootings...since no asssault rifles were used, and previous massacres did not involved ar15s.

its like someone got ran over by a car on a street corner, and they are making calls to ban nascar.

RMikeL
07-26-2012, 8:16 PM

The Washington Times opinion page is middle-of-the-road for a newspaper. Definitely right of the NYT.

dantodd
07-26-2012, 8:19 PM

its just amazing how the anti gun lobby, politicians like bloomberg and fienstein, just make up straight LIES to furthur their agenda..

what is even more ridiculous, is that the laws they are calling for do not directly address the colorado shootings...since no asssault rifles were used, and previous massacres did not involved ar15s.

its like someone got ran over by a car on a street corner, and they are making calls to ban nascar.

Washington POST= liberal

Washington TIMES = conservative.

It's a common error.

Jack L
07-27-2012, 5:48 AM
Even in liberal media we will see more articles in years to come regarding this issue as journalists are realizing they get work by writing about firearms. Their goal is to make a few bucks and get their name out there.

vantec08
07-27-2012, 6:01 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/24/the-assault-on-weapons/