PDA

View Full Version : Question about Shipping

chief916
07-26-2012, 9:08 AM
I have noticed a lot of guys on here will not ship a firearm for sale. However they are a few that have.

How does that work? Do you go to the FFL and have them ship it after it is removed from your name? Not sure how that works

I have a few hits on my Sig but it is too far away to make the deal profitable for both of us... looking for other options

thanks

Chief

bksa
07-26-2012, 9:13 AM
wrong forum

chief916
07-26-2012, 9:16 AM
id delete it or move it but it won't let me

baseballcoach
07-26-2012, 9:22 AM
I don't know what the big deal is about shipping, as long as it's done within the law, it's easier, faster and cheaper than having to meet in person and it opens your sale to a huge customer base.

The rules are that you can only ship to an FFL and then the buyer has to do the paperwork through them. C&R rifle / shotgun sales must take place face to face and cannot be conducted by shipping. Shipping a firearm also prevents some off roster handguns from being transfered that would otherwise be ok for a PPT.

I ship handguns by USPS Flat Rate Priority with adult signature required tag, so I have a record of the FFL signing for it. Personally I don't waste money on insurance or return receipts and the only shippers I demand insurance through is UPS. They are absolutely the worst at handling, stealing, losing, damaging everything they touch and last year they paid out almost $1 Billion dollars in insurance claims.

chief916
07-26-2012, 9:34 AM
PM Sent coach

paul0660
07-26-2012, 9:34 AM
C&R rifle / shotgun sales must take place face to face and cannot be conducted by shipping.

There is no requirement that c&r sales have to be done face to face. You can ship it, if you are reasonably certain that the purchaser is a California resident, 18 years old, and not prohibited. I get a signed statement to that effect and mail it off.

If out of state, if you get a copy of the purchasers 03 license, you can send it to them as well.