PDA

View Full Version : Huffpo article by an idiot

curtisfong
07-26-2012, 7:56 AM
The author needs a quick refresher on what a fundamental right is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charli-james/8-things-more-difficult_b_1702068.html

dwtt
07-26-2012, 8:17 AM
With a name like Charli James, she sounds like the child of liberal and stupid parents. So, it's no surprise she doesn't know about constitutional rights. I doubt she even remembers the American civics class from high school. At least she wasn't named Dakota or Sky or Madison. :rolleyes:

johnny_22
07-26-2012, 8:21 AM
I don't recall ever giving my SSN to the fine folks at Mel Cottons or Big-5 to get my hunting or fishing license. What is she talking about?

"8. Acquire a hunting or fishing license

You don't need to provide your SSN to purchase a gun, but you do to use it to hunt. Federal and state laws adopted to help enforce child-support payments require applicants for hunting and fishing licenses to provide their social security number the first time they purchase a license."

Ripon83
07-26-2012, 8:23 AM
The modern liberal does not fear their government, they trust it, and they depend on it for everything from money, health care, retirement, education and protection. So they expect their government to protect them from the EBR. Why wouldn't they; they are programmed to expect everything from their government. A 200 + year old document isn't going to stop that belief system. Not after decades or even generations of programming (remember education).

vantec08
07-26-2012, 9:14 AM
The modern liberal does not fear their government, they trust it, and they depend on it for everything from money, health care, retirement, education and protection. So they expect their government to protect them from the EBR. Why wouldn't they; they are programmed to expect everything from their government. A 200 + year old document isn't going to stop that belief system. Not after decades or even generations of programming (remember education).

Exactly. We are going on the third generation of the milk-sucking, something-for-nothing crowd. It does not portend well for the nation to survive. At least survive as the founders intended, and which it did quite well for 200 years. My prediction is September it all starts coming undone.

cjc16
07-26-2012, 9:37 AM
I've gotten to the point I don't even read these ridiculous articles anymore. I just scroll down to the comments. They are usually more informative and entertaining.

paul0660
07-26-2012, 9:41 AM
With a name like Charli James, she sounds like the child of liberal and stupid parents.

Predispose much? Her words, not her name, make her silly. Try to stick to the things that matter. As for her parents, you know nothing about them, or even if she was named otherwise at birth. If I bothered with ignore lists, you would be on it.

Liberals can be wrong, not all of them are stupid. I would think that takes one to know one thing would have clicked in before you hit the send button.

wjc
07-26-2012, 2:23 PM
I've gotten to the point I don't even read these ridiculous articles anymore. I just scroll down to the comments. They are usually more informative and entertaining.

+1

...but I do skim the article so I understand the context. :D

NotEnufGarage
07-26-2012, 4:16 PM
The thread title is redundant.

oaklander
07-26-2012, 4:21 PM
Predispose much? Her words, not her name, make her silly. Try to stick to the things that matter. As for her parents, you know nothing about them, or even if she was named otherwise at birth. If I bothered with ignore lists, you would be on it.

Liberals can be wrong, not all of them are stupid. I would think that takes one to know one thing would have clicked in before you hit the send button.

He might be right - check out her bio: http://charlijames.com/about-me/

She is a lightweight.

ETA: and when we rebuke these people, on their articles, we DO bring this stuff up. I venture to say that there are thousands of people on this forum who have a better sense of law and history than this fluffy little "video girl." Call her out on things, it is OK to do that. Just don't be mean or rude. But DO question her bona fides, and motivations.

Wherryj
07-26-2012, 5:05 PM
The author needs a quick refresher on what a fundamental right is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charli-james/8-things-more-difficult_b_1702068.html

Since when can you turn "antihistamines" into meth???

Pseudoephedrine (a decongestant) can be chemically converted to meth, but it would be a serious exercise in organic chemistry to convert and antihistamine into meth.

That among other things show her superficial grasp of the issue at hand.

Wherryj
07-26-2012, 5:08 PM
The thread title is redundant.

...and repetitive...