PDA

View Full Version : MOLLE Gear Question

BMartin1776
07-25-2012, 11:00 PM
What do the majority in military and LE prefer to use when it comes to MOLLE pouches/gear: with straps to weave or using MALICE clips?

joelogic
07-25-2012, 11:29 PM
For me it just depends on if the pouch comes with straps or not.

morfeeis
07-25-2012, 11:53 PM
I have so much crap that is Molle ready but i have never used it and have no idea how. Well unless you count putting shotgun shells in them.

anymoose
07-26-2012, 12:47 AM
What do the majority in military and LE prefer to use when it comes to MOLLE pouches/gear: with straps to weave or using MALICE clips?

we always used MOLLE when i was in the Marines, i use both now and both seem to work great.

I have so much crap that is Molle ready but i have never used it and have no idea how. Well unless you count putting shotgun shells in them.

you just weave it in and out, its super secure, but a bit of a pain to get the last parts in.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/WinnipegBushLeague/Threading%20MOLLE/DSC08745.jpg

Maxwell
07-26-2012, 6:35 AM
If it comes with straps I use straps. If the gear in the pouch is heavy, and the straps begin to wear and the pouch sags, I switch it to the clips.

Although that has only happened with one short length .223 pouch.

Renaissance Redneck
07-26-2012, 8:03 AM
As other have said, I like the straps when available. It's a good and secure system.

Army
07-26-2012, 8:38 AM
Mag pouches, bandage pouch, extra mag pouch for incidentals, multi-tool pouch, and camelback. After that, it starts to get stupid with all the crap out on the market that is MOLLE compatible.

Sure, you could load up with just about any MOLLE gear you could fit on a vest. But remember...you have to carry all that crap around and fight with it.

BMartin1776
07-26-2012, 9:06 AM
ok but what is preferred by the the military Malice clips or gear with built in straps

anymoose
07-26-2012, 9:15 AM
ok but what is preferred by the the military Malice clips or gear with built in straps

Built in unless things have changed

Army
07-26-2012, 2:50 PM
Malice clips are nice, but the gear already has straps on and I won't lose those (nor can they be "borrowed"). Plan ahead, and take the time to rig your vest the way you want for the mission at hand.

The only time I added anything was mission essential, otherwise it was ammo, medical, and water.