PDA

View Full Version : Age factor in CCW (Sacramento)

Cracker
07-25-2012, 9:31 PM
hello, just a quick question. does age make a deciding factor in being accepted for a CCW. im 20 now will apply in jan when 21 and they open up the 2013 appointment dates to book. Spotless criminal record, hunting license since 13, own several guns, college student/construction worker, lives in rural area of Sac. my point being that the only reason i can see them denying me would be my age if they do.

have any other younger CalGunners applied?

haveyourmile
07-25-2012, 9:46 PM
As long as you're actually 21 when you start the application, I don't see it being an issue. I applied and got mine 2 years ago (I was 23) in Sacramento and my age didn't seem to be an issue at all

Decoligny
07-25-2012, 10:29 PM
There is nothing in the CA penal code that even requires you to be 21 years old.
An 18 year old can be gifted a handgun by parent/grandparent. They can then apply for an LTC.

haveyourmile
07-25-2012, 11:45 PM
There is nothing in the CA penal code that even requires you to be 21 years old.
An 18 year old can be gifted a handgun by parent/grandparent. They can then apply for an LTC.

Good to know! I knew you could be gifted a handgun at 18 but thought in Sacramento at least, you had to be 21.

ChrisTKHarris
07-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Back in Dec 2010 I was the youngest to date to receive mine at 23.

Sir Stunna Lot
07-26-2012, 2:06 AM

but from what i remember, per Sac County policy, one has to be 21 to apply

As long as you are 21, age should not be a deciding factor

Decoligny
07-26-2012, 3:03 PM
but from what i remember, per Sac County policy, one has to be 21 to apply

As long as you are 21, age should not be a deciding factor

Another "underground regulation" not supported by law.

When other more pressing matters are taken care of I am sure this one will be addressed with a lawsuit.

Merovign
07-26-2012, 8:47 PM
Back in Dec 2010 I was the youngest to date to receive mine at 23.

I was 23 when I got mine, back in the 90s. I was told I was the second-youngest, the youngest was 21.

Institutional memory failure?

Drivedabizness
07-26-2012, 8:57 PM
I was not asked ANY questions about my gun background at my interview 2 weeks ago.

I don't know if safety training, proficiency, etc. does any good. When I tried to bring some of that up, the female detective looked at me like I had farted in church. It was actually a very unpleasant procedure.

Oh and, I think you are WAY optimistic to think you will get an interview in January when they "open up the books". In case you haven't heard, the Sheriff is doing deny by delay to the maximum extent possible. And no one has called him on it.

ChrisTKHarris
07-26-2012, 11:08 PM
I was 23 when I got mine, back in the 90s. I was told I was the second-youngest, the youngest was 21.

Institutional memory failure?

Damn! :(

Cracker
07-26-2012, 11:55 PM
I emailed the office asking when they plan to open the books. The secretary replied with something along the lines of they havnt considered evening picking a date LOL

Cracker
07-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Oh and as for the age factor I emailed them several months ago asking how old one must be to apply. I was told 18 by the sherries secretary. So idk if she was wrong or it actually is 18

Sir Stunna Lot
07-27-2012, 1:07 AM
Oh and as for the age factor I emailed them several months ago asking how old one must be to apply. I was told 18 by the sherries secretary. So idk if she was wrong or it actually is 18

could be right or wrong, as said above, there's no age limit per penal code. the age thing really depends on the issuing agency