PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions on dros and other

spetsnaz
07-25-2012, 8:01 PM
1. I have a couple firearms in jail at one gun store. Can i buy another gun at another gun store or at a gun show and still pass the dros?
2. If i buy a gun at a gun show do i just do the background check there and take my gun that same day?

keenkeen
07-25-2012, 8:19 PM
1) It depends
2) It depends

Need to know the Who, What, Where...

For example, handguns/long guns? by "jail" you mean?, are they C&R? are you exempt? etc, etc,

pennys dad
07-25-2012, 8:23 PM
Agreed with KeenKeen.

I had 3 pistols on layaway and have had to time them so one comes out every thirty second day, but I bought a pistol from a Calgunner and did the ppt/dros right away and picked up 10 days later. So Lots of It depends

spetsnaz
07-25-2012, 11:14 PM
im going to the big reno show and am planning to buy a gun/rifle whatever i find in my interest only problem is my 30 days wont be up yet.

keenkeen
07-25-2012, 11:27 PM
im going to the big reno show and am planning to buy a gun/rifle whatever i find in my interest only problem is my 30 days wont be up yet.

"gun/rifle whatever"...there is your problem right there. The devil is in the details.

alfred1222
07-25-2012, 11:40 PM

Wait wait, so you're a California resident, planning on going to Reno, buying guns, and than crossing state lines with them?? That is a really easy way to get yourself a felony. If you're going to buy there and than have them shipped here, than you need to find a gunshop or FFL that will hold the guns for months while you do ur 30 days for each gun

keenkeen
07-26-2012, 7:59 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=503873

spetsnaz
07-26-2012, 9:13 AM
^^^

hmm didnt know that. my friend bought rifles that way and didnt think anything of it. never mind. ill jus be buying ammo at reno

blockfort
07-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Unless it was a very special situation, he should not have been allowed to buy a gun in Reno unless he had Nevada ID and was a Nevada resident.

Pistols bought from a store can only be done once every 30 days. Long guns can be purchased as frequently as you want, and multiple long guns can go on one DROS. Both long guns and pistols have a 10 day wait period.

Some of the above may not apply to very old or curio and relic guns.