PDA

View Full Version : Front Sight

shooter74
07-25-2012, 1:42 PM
Who's buying who's not and why?

Noonanda
07-25-2012, 2:08 PM
I just had a buddy tell me his dad bought him a diamond lifetime membership, he showed me the price of almost 100K. Holy crap thats alot of dough

Ratboy
07-25-2012, 5:37 PM
I would but haven't got the cash for the latest offer... it's ok though, I'm a diamond member +alaska as is my wife.

FatalKitty
07-25-2012, 7:42 PM
not me. I'm not a fan of cookie cutter type schools that teach "their way"

Ratboy
07-25-2012, 7:57 PM
Which class(es) did you take and I'm curious what you don't like about their training? Yes, it's specific but I've found that though they stick to their methods they find ways to work with you.

Which is fine of course but they are getting a lot of people on the right side with good training and in my opinion, good information. Better than not, right?

oclaxplyr03
07-25-2012, 8:25 PM
I have one of their lifetime memberships which premiered as one of their typical "limited-time" offers so I can take one of their four most popular classes whenever I want for the rest of my life. It was a pretty good deal (only about 100 bucks after splitting the deal with a friend) so I'm happy, but I must say after all the hype about the "spectacular news" I am slightly disappointed at the revelation that I will be forced to pay nearly 5000 dollars to enjoy any of the benefits. I simply don't have the money, but I have heard very good things about their training so I am thinking that I will try to buy a diamond level membership off of someone since they will have an abundance.

shooter74
07-25-2012, 8:27 PM

Have you ever taken a class , if so what class ?

kblack583
07-26-2012, 6:18 AM
For the $250 or so that you can get a lifetime Diamond membership for, its a steal. That simple.

Some don't like the marketing tactics or training style but for every complaint you'll hear from dozens who have gone and can't wait to get back.

Burbur
07-26-2012, 6:16 PM
For the $250 or so that you can get a lifetime Diamond membership for, its a steal. That simple.

Some don't like the marketing tactics or training style but for every complaint you'll hear from dozens who have gone and can't wait to get back.

Definitely worth the $250, even if you don't go back. I spent more in ammo than for the "lifetime" membership.

shooter74
07-27-2012, 5:51 PM
Definitely worth the $250, even if you don't go back. I spent more in ammo than for the "lifetime" membership.

I agree $250 for the membership is a great deal.

QQQ
07-27-2012, 6:55 PM
I won't buy the offer.

I already have the Lifetime Diamond + Alaska. Definitely worth what I paid for it.

Real "Spectacular" news would be if they actually improved their facilities, or released financial information which doesn't indicate that the company is on the verge of collapse.

pwer lineman
07-27-2012, 7:47 PM
I won't buy. I see it as a marketing scheme, same as always. I am a diamond lifetime member + Alaska, and the classes I've been to made it worth the money easily. I'll go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mexicancolt1
07-27-2012, 7:48 PM
I don't own one, but I'm going to check it out. Las Vegas location can't be all bad.

FatalKitty
07-27-2012, 9:04 PM
Have you ever taken a class , if so what class ?

yes, I've taken their shotgun course - because it was free from a friend and I wanted to support her.

not only was I complete blown away by the general amount of stupidity of some of the folks that took the class (people didn't know what a "fore end" was) but I was pretty annoyed with the fact that the instructors couldn't even get my name right even though they made me tape it to the back of my hat. seriously? I've been to classes with more members and never had an instructor show that kind of lack of respect.

to me it felt like they were just stamping out shooters... I had fun at the time, but reflecting on it - I wouldn't go back.

HvyRescue
07-28-2012, 6:08 PM
I wish I could participate in the "Spectacular News" but like most I can't fork out $4900 right now and I am still sitting on an extra Lifetime Diamond membership. I have taken their 4 Day Defensive Handgun course and had a great time.