PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg article: "NRA Muscle Chills Gun-Control Talk After Shootings" -

FastFinger
07-25-2012, 8:14 AM
Charles Schumer of New York, the Senate’s third-ranking Democrat who as a U.S. representative led the successful 1994 fight in the House to ban 19 military-style assault weapons, said there isn’t much point in pushing for new laws restricting guns these days. “We see the power of the NRA around here,” he told reporters yesterday.

Full article here. (Charles Schumer of New York, the Senate’s third-ranking Democrat who as a U.S. representative led the successful 1994 fight in the House to ban 19 military-style assault weapons, said there isn’t much point in pushing for new laws restricting guns these days. “We see the power of the NRA around here,” he told reporters yesterday.)

Just another reason to join NRA.

12voltguy
07-25-2012, 8:25 AM
[

yup

HowardW56
07-25-2012, 8:26 AM
Full article here. (http://Charles Schumer of New York, the Senate’s third-ranking Democrat who as a U.S. representative led the successful 1994 fight in the House to ban 19 military-style assault weapons, said there isn’t much point in pushing for new laws restricting guns these days. “We see the power of the NRA around here,” he told reporters yesterday.)

The link doesn't work

hornswaggled
07-25-2012, 8:56 AM
/flex

Carnivore
07-25-2012, 8:59 AM
Link http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-25/nra-muscle-chills-gun-control-talk-after-shootings.html

Legasat
07-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Thank God for the NRA's mojo.

RMP91
07-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I know where my next paycheck is going.... :)

I'll join the NRA as a life member just to spite the likes of Bloomberg, Boxer, Pelosi, Feinstein, Lee, etc. :43:

1BigPea
07-25-2012, 10:59 AM
This will be the year I donate the most to the NRA. I've already surpassed all previous years including 2008.

morfeeis
07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd be much happier if he said "there's no point in new gun laws we see they don't help" but this still puts a smile on my face....

gobler
07-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Since I'm an NRA lifer I'll up my donations...

Sent from somewhere in space & time...

Jack L
07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
In 50 years the NRA will stilll be on top but few if any will know who Bloomberg was.

jonzer77
07-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Maybe people will stop complaining that the NRA sends them too much junk mail now.

acolytes
07-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Makes me proud to be a part of the NRA's muscle.:D

1BigPea
07-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Maybe people will stop complaining that the NRA sends them too much junk mail now.

Exactly.

vincewarde
07-25-2012, 1:06 PM
It's time for some in the gun rights community to recognize that if it were not for the clout of the NRA, we would never have had Heller or McDonald because the Justices who made that ruling would not be on the court.

In addition, I am old enough to remember when a tragedy like this would have made a new gun law a slam dunk. Now they are not able to leverage it to do anything. Even Obama's press guy responded that new gun control is a non-starter.

I thank God for all who are fighting for our rights, but in the political arena the NRA rules.

Nodda Duma
07-25-2012, 1:25 PM
Bloomberg and his ilk talk as if the NRA is some massive secretive power group like what you see in the movies, when really it is the voice of millions of Americans keeping one aspect of government in check. We The People when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, if you will.

mag360
07-25-2012, 2:35 PM
And allll the talk of what has the nra done for me in CA lately. Cant do much here if they get a new fed awb. Proud nra member.

InGrAM
07-25-2012, 3:50 PM
It is ridiculous how leftists think that the NRA is some evil corporation that is killing Americans by defending our civil rights..... :facepalm:

Meplat1
07-25-2012, 5:20 PM
AS MUCH AS I DISAGREE WITH THEM SOMETIMES; IT IS NEVER AN OPTION TO NOT BE A MEMBER OF THE NRA!

wjc
07-25-2012, 9:09 PM
It's not just the NRA and other organizations, guys.

It's us...We the People.

Get out there...contribute and vote!

RRangel
07-25-2012, 9:47 PM
What is "chilling gun-control talk"? How do you chill questionable authority from violating constitutional rights?

Nyanman
07-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Bloomberg... IMHO, he has more important things to worry about. If I wanted to kill someone in NYC, I'd run them over and say I didn't see them.
Which plenty of people get away with fatal hit and run crashes by using that excuse. Maybe he should make running people down illegal, even if you weren't paying attention.

Wrangler John
07-26-2012, 6:36 AM
Reminds me of the famous Benjamin Franklin quote upon the signing of the Declaration of Independence: "We must all hang together, or assuredly we will all hang separately."

The NRA remains the big dog in the room. Some may object to this or that wart that occasionally erupts to blemish their opinion of the NRA, and some may complain about junk mail and fund raising calls, yet when we hang together in solidarity of purpose, political tremors shake those great marble halls to their foundations. The NRA is us, working in concert, a rebellious and contentious lot to be sure, yet one that wields political power.

Now, if we just had a comparable organization in California, things could be made different. "Sancho, hand me my lance! Onward Rocinante! We have dreams of justice to fulfill in the name of chivalry."

SanPedroShooter
07-26-2012, 7:05 AM
The 'gun lobby' is 4,000,000 NRA members and few million more non affliated gun rights supporters...

Join up and make your name counted. We need the NRA because we are the NRA.

otteray
07-26-2012, 8:24 AM
/_4wzohCdrxU

Paul S
07-26-2012, 9:11 AM
Full article here. (Charles Schumer of New York, the Senate’s third-ranking Democrat who as a U.S. representative led the successful 1994 fight in the House to ban 19 military-style assault weapons, said there isn’t much point in pushing for new laws restricting guns these days. “We see the power of the NRA around here,” he told reporters yesterday.)

Gosh...the Bloomey press acts as though that is a bad thing. Imagine that.

Dantedamean
07-26-2012, 11:16 AM
As much as I don't like the NRA, they come in handy in situations like this.

"The legislative reluctance comes as gun ownership in the U.S. has declined from 54 percent of households in 1977 to one- third in 2010, according to the Violence Policy Center, a gun- control advocacy group in Washington."
Wow... Fail. I like how the antis always understate gun ownership.

AlexDD
07-27-2012, 5:28 PM
This from the article seems so BS

"The legislative reluctance comes as gun ownership in the U.S. has declined from 54 percent of households in 1977 to one- third in 2010, according to the Violence Policy Center, a gun- control advocacy group in Washington."

If anything, I thought gun ownership was on the rise. I would not trust most data from the VPC.

cjc16
07-27-2012, 6:42 PM
I love how the MSM loves to portray the NRA as few lobbyists flush with cash. They completely disregard the 4.3 million member voting block. WE are the majority!

sandman21
07-27-2012, 6:45 PM
Title is wrong, should read....."NRA Muscle Chills Anti-Civil Rights Talk After Shootings" -

RMP91
07-27-2012, 6:49 PM
The Bradies and VPC are acting like spoiled self-entitled rich kids when they don't get what they want.

Kick them while they're down! :43:

Make sure they DON'T get back up!

BigFatGuy
07-27-2012, 6:56 PM
I'm $225 into my EPL payments, and I don't regret a buck of it.

BigDogatPlay
07-27-2012, 7:41 PM
Seems to me that after Mayor Bloomberg got his butt hurt after his incredibly stupid comments that all police officers should strike until tougher gun control laws are passed, he seems to have gone a bit quiet. Now we have Senator Chuck "don't get between me and that camera" Schumer trying to throw curveballs from a different arm slot after Bloomberg hung that slider and got it raked.

We have them on the run.... they cannot win. But we have to continue to counter their idiocy with fact and reason each and every time they open their mouths.

Apocalypsenerd
07-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Joined NRA for life this year. I'm glad they are doing so well.

shawnnsac
07-27-2012, 11:09 PM
joined the nra today for 7 yrs. when i get more money Ill become a life member

The Tiger
07-28-2012, 6:26 AM
Joined NRA for life this year. I'm glad they are doing so well.

Same here, and for this very reason.

ttboy
07-28-2012, 8:30 AM
It is better to be FEARED than Loved goes the old saying

wjc
07-28-2012, 3:54 PM
For you guys interested in Lifetime memberships, you should PM robertmcm.

He can get you a deal on the price per this thread...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=556869

Cearbhall
07-28-2012, 4:17 PM
Shouldn't Charles Schumer be barred from owning guns? I mean, he's obviously mentally ill. Same with Mike Bloomberg. If a cop saw someone on the street talking crazy like he does, surely he'd have to haul him in.