PDA

View Full Version : Ar-17hmr

Gijoe
07-25-2012, 7:38 AM
Just got off the phone with Alexander Arms they said its in route by the end of the day tomorrow. Its been the longest 7 months of my life now no more half dead squirrels making it back to there holes :-)

I will get up pics as soon as i can

Jack L
07-25-2012, 12:08 PM
This would be perfect out here on the ranch, every squirrels nightmare. Did you order right form Alexander Arms? Are there any dealers selling for less than they are?

Gijoe
07-26-2012, 7:07 AM
I know right cant wait to take it to the ranch and be pulling 300 yard shots with it. Till then ill sight it in, in the back yard. Yea i ordered it from alexander arms i believe im one of the first 5 to get it on order so i dont think yhe dealers even have one yet. But i could be wrong

Rule .308
07-26-2012, 7:10 AM
Sounds great, I hope they have better luck with an auto loading 17 HMR than Excel Arms did. I love my 10/22 in 17 Mach2, never misses a beat and is a damn laser beam out to 100 yards easily.

Gijoe
07-27-2012, 9:50 AM
Well after waiting till about 2000 yesterday the ups guy dropped off my new toy. So far i put 100 rds through the gun. But it took alot more work then it should have. First problem i came into was the mag catch was not fitting, then the upper was getting stuck on the back pin where itgets latched down to the lower. With ait little bit of sanding to take some of the black coating things are fitting better. And i still have a problem keeping the mags in the mag well. So thats next on my agenda to do then there will be pics..

ghostrider
07-29-2012, 6:24 AM
I was skeptical about buying this rifle, please keep us posted on any
new findings or problems, being new out of the box and having issues
is unacceptable in my book. You should let the manufacturer know of
these issues and work with them, usually they are very receptive with
feedback from consumers. Let them know know you are excited about the new gun
and want to help with a little R&D and maybe you'll get some extra swag from them
Good luck and post some pics of that new gun

Jack L
07-29-2012, 8:39 AM
I was skeptical about buying this rifle, please keep us posted on any
new findings or problems, being new out of the box and having issues
is unacceptable in my book. You should let the manufacturer know of
these issues and work with them, usually they are very receptive with
feedback from consumers. Let them know know you are excited about the new gun
and want to help with a little R&D and maybe you'll get some extra swag from them
Good luck and post some pics of that new gun

This is the way to go. In the long haul it will be helping out many who want one of these.