PDA

View Full Version : Bass pro - 10 day wait on ammo?

Rude Robert
07-24-2012, 8:22 PM
? Wife bought her first 9mm they said that there will be a 10 day waiting period on ammo. I thought we delayed that??:chris:

OldShooter32
07-24-2012, 8:25 PM
Clerk confused? Fud? That just ain't right.

Breadfan
07-24-2012, 8:26 PM
I am guessing 10 day is for the gun not the ammo?

chillincody
07-24-2012, 8:26 PM
Wait?? a 10 day wait on ammo WTF ???

Rude Robert
07-24-2012, 8:27 PM
That was what I was thinking. I know they want too, but???

dantodd
07-24-2012, 8:29 PM
The clerk must have been confused. Pick your ammo up off the shelf and pay for it at the check stand up front. I've done it at both CA Bass pro Shops in the last 6 mo.

curtisfong
07-24-2012, 8:30 PM
Next time, get it in writing, with a signature, so you can post it on facebook.

huntercf
07-24-2012, 9:07 PM
I've bought ammo, powder & primers at the gun register last month. No wait. Probably someone from a different department filling in.

Spartanmk1
07-24-2012, 9:53 PM
I grab shot shells and 30-30 off the shelves all the time, throw them in my basket and continue my shopping.

No questions asked at the register, just pay for my stuff and get out.

How odd that this happened.

Twystd1
07-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Were you there when the clerk said it and did you hear it from his/her mouth?
Or is this what was told to you second hand?
I am not trying to point a finger. I was just wondering.. :43:

TacticalPlinker
07-25-2012, 2:21 AM
When I was up north on vacation in March, I bought ammo from Bass Pro. No wait.

tuolumnejim
07-25-2012, 6:43 AM
Remember people anti's work there also and it could their little way to tweak people, and when they get caught they can claim they "thought" it was supposed to be that way.

CSACANNONEER
07-25-2012, 6:46 AM
? Wife bought her first 9mm they said that there will be a 10 day waiting period on ammo. I thought we delayed that??:chris:

"Will be"? Not "could be", "I wish there was" or one of 1000s of other stupid things someone could have told her instead? Well, there might be a 10 day wait on ammo starting in TWO WEEKS but, I'm not going to worry about it.

dls
07-25-2012, 7:04 AM
I was there a couple weeks ago, walked up to the ammo, grabbed what I wanted and checked out.

johnny_22
07-25-2012, 7:20 AM
At Target Masters, years ago, I bought a little S&W revolver, which required a 10 day wait. Before I left the store, I bought some ammo for it so I would be able to pick it up and test it out there at the range (or at Reed's) in 10 days.

The associate rang me up, but, the owner was upset. His rule was no ammo sale during the 10 day wait for that gun. Not sure how he determines that I don't have other .38 specials at home (I do and did at that time).

So, I am thinking store rule with gun purchase.

littlejake
07-25-2012, 9:34 AM
The OP has a second hand story. We all know how a story changes as it passes from person to person. I think Rude Robert should go to the shop, find the clerk and ask what he told the wife. If the clerk said that, ask for the manager/owner. If it's their policy, fine, don't buy from them again.

Some shops have CYA policies that exceed legal requirements; and I understand it's their business and they have a right to protect it. If their policy is unreasonable -- and I would consider this on unreasonable -- then don't buy there.

Hey we need a screw (countersunk, wood) smiley in the smiles selection.

SNCaliber
07-25-2012, 9:35 AM
yup no wait on ammo, just the gun probably

JSolie
07-25-2012, 10:10 AM
The clerk must have been confused. Pick your ammo up off the shelf and pay for it at the check stand up front. I've done it at both CA Bass pro Shops in the last 6 mo.

This. Just put it in your cart/basket and pay for it up front with the rest of your stuff. You can also add the Las Vegas store to the list of stores that work like this.

darksands
07-25-2012, 10:56 AM
I can see how people get excited about a gun and buy ammo before the 10 days and then find out they got rejected and want to return the ammo.

Still kinda dumb for a 10 day wait for ammo.

Rude Robert
07-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Op doesnt have a second hand story. If it was second hand, I would have told you. My wife bought her first 9mm on Monday, the sales guy said that there would be a waiting period on ammo in 2013? I know they would love to have something like that, plus I think I remember something trying to be passed like it. Guy was nice and did all he could do to sell my wife on the xd 9. Thx robert

Lugiahua
07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
I went to Brass Pro in April, grabbed two cans of M855, no waiting.

erik_26
07-25-2012, 2:51 PM
Bass Pro Shop

^ here is your problem.

dantodd
07-25-2012, 3:12 PM
Op doesnt have a second hand story. If it was second hand, I would have told you. My wife bought her first 9mm on Monday, the sales guy said that there would be a waiting period on ammo in 2013? I know they would love to have something like that, plus I think I remember something trying to be passed like it. Guy was nice and did all he could do to sell my wife on the xd 9. Thx robert

That is a little different. The op sounded like, of you buy today there will be a 10 day wait. Adding 2013 to the story is helpful.

No, there is no ammo waiting period that has been passed or, AFAIK, even proposed.

Ctwo
07-25-2012, 3:25 PM
I was once told that I would not be allowed to walk out of the store with the arm and ammo in the same bag, but I could put the arm in the car and come back and buy the ammo...was a few years ago, and I think just store policy.

OlderThanDirt
07-25-2012, 5:37 PM
I have been to a gun store where they will not let you pick up your firearm and buy ammo at the same time. However, all was good if you put your new gun in the car and came back in for the ammo. I guess they didn't trust me to have a gun and ammo in their store.

littlejake
07-25-2012, 5:42 PM

I inferred from your post that your wife came home and told you about the 10 day wait on ammo. I took that to mean, that to you, it was second source. If I was wrong, then I apologize.

Kindest Regards,

Jake

Rude Robert
07-27-2012, 6:56 AM
np, I thinks for clearing it all up.... im glad my wife bought the 9mm. now she can get arrested just like the rest of us when they come for the guns lol

Rude Robert
07-27-2012, 6:56 AM
time for bedie bye lol