View Full Version : Boar Hunting In Southern California

Yugo
07-24-2012, 7:12 PM
Please advise,

What?
Where?
How?
etc..

I heard that san diego has a problem? I want to go out and get me some piggy.
Where do I buy the tag and where do I go?

Please list any and all information related to boar hunting.

toby
07-24-2012, 7:17 PM
The only problem SD has is the lack of pigs, tho there are a few it's very few. Someone is fibbing to you, so go sock them in the head.

Yugo
07-24-2012, 7:18 PM
ok if not sd then where?

im2ninja4u
07-24-2012, 8:05 PM
There's not a huntable population in San Diego from what I've heard but the only way to find out is for you to go burn those boots. If you want pigs, you'll have to go up north to the coast unless you know people who work in Vandenberg air force base. Any place that sells hunting licenses will be able to sell you pig tags or you can just purchase them online at the DFG website utilizing the ALDS.

mcmikeblues7
07-24-2012, 8:39 PM
I would wait until after deer season. I would read a book or two about hunting pigs in california, I learned a lot that way.

jaymz
07-24-2012, 9:29 PM
Pretty much no public land in So Cal with hogs to hunt. Gotta go north or pay up and go to a "ranch".

olhunter
07-24-2012, 10:25 PM
...I want to go out and get me some piggy.
Where do I buy the tag and where do I go?

Anywhere the squid pilot wannabes hang out. Those piggies love the dorky lame-azz squids.

Except corpsman. They're awesome. Leatherneck saviors. Corpsman up! Oh, man. I've heard that too many times.

Apparently, right now, I'm awesome! Going to bed now...

Trapper
07-25-2012, 6:14 PM
Anywhere the squid pilot wannabes hang out. Those piggies love the dorky lame-azz squids.

Except corpsman. They're awesome. Leatherneck saviors. Corpsman up! Oh, man. I've heard that too many times.

Apparently, right now, I'm awesome! Going to bed now...

Had some of my best luck in Chula Vista & Imperial Beach, one dollar well drinks and carne asada fries help seal the deal!! Make sure you've got a corpsman standing by with a shot of penycilin.......just in case. :-)