PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to buy a GSG 522

Nevertipsy
07-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey Guys,
I've been itching to buy a GSG-522, I'm waiting on parts for my AR, but the GSG looks like a fun plinker.

I had a two part question, where is the cheapest place to buy? and would you guy go for the 522CLB10 or the 522CB10, the only difference is the metal heavier receiver, but its also about $90 more expensive. I'd appreciate any input, I feel like i want to pull the trigger on one today!

james758
07-26-2012, 3:17 PM
Those GSG things are absolute garbage.
They have way too many moving parts to make it work like a real MP5.
Its a half baked replica that shoots 22lr and is way over priced and has the accuracy of an airsoft gun.
If you REALLY need to have the cool looking 22, go with a M&P-15-22 or the Sig 522. OR a good ole Ruger 10-22.

I know a LOT of people have those GSG/Uramax/H&K and claim to love them. But if you ask someone who just spent $500+ on a .22 if they like it, most people will not admit that "Yeah, I over paid for it, and its not very accurate, and it kinda sucks, so yeah, I got taken."
Its mostly the mall ninjas who play too much Modern Warfare 3 who want the MP5 look-a-like.
See, all H&K has to do is take their REAL 9mm MP5 and give a 16" barrel and make it semi-auto only and they can name their price and people will line up to buy one (including myself).

So before all you people who have them start whining about what I just said, asking if I have ever even shot one, Yes, I have shot one before and it is an absolutely crap-tastic rifle to shoot.

But hey, I spent 6 years of my life defending your right to buy lame guns. So if you really need one, knock yourself out.

Keep your powder dry.

JackRydden224
07-26-2012, 3:35 PM
Hey Guys,
I've been itching to buy a GSG-522, I'm waiting on parts for my AR, but the GSG looks like a fun plinker.

I had a two part question, where is the cheapest place to buy? and would you guy go for the 522CLB10 or the 522CB10, the only difference is the metal heavier receiver, but its also about $90 more expensive. I'd appreciate any input, I feel like i want to pull the trigger on one today!

Check Ammo Bros or Turners. If you are looking for a cheap and cool looking plinker they are not bad choices. As for the polyer vs metal receiver, I say go with polymer. It's going to be your fun plinker and you'll probably never do anything rough with it. I think you are better off using that $90 on some extra mags :D

busta00
07-26-2012, 3:54 PM
bought mine at big 5 when it was on sale with a 10 percent coupon. paid about 400 out the door. It is very plastic feeling. Mine fires very well but does feel a little cheap. It is quite fun to shoot and accurate.

Nevertipsy
07-26-2012, 5:01 PM
@James - First, I salute and thank you for helping us defend that right, I wish I had been able to read your post earlier, I placed an order for the metal receiver version from buds gunshop on the 25th after no one responded. I do have a 10-22 ruger though that belongs to my dad. I'd also get in line to buy HK's real mp5 with 16" barrel, but they haven't done anything of the sort yet that I've seen, and I'm sure the price would be slaughter. I'm only 25, so I dont have much money to buy nice toys yet. My AR is 1/2 done, waiting for PSA to put out free shipping again so I can finally buy an upper.

Bunch of people at the AR15 forums seemed to enjoy the original GSG-5 so I pulled the trigger, sure as hell hoping I didn't make a mistake now.

I called around all the stores here in OC and they either didn't have them in stock, or they were selling them "special order" way above MSRP. So I ended up making my first purchase from Buds. It'll be arriving in a few days, and then I can put in jail and hopefully I'll like it. Thanks guys, I'll report back after I finally take it to the range!

sonicenergy
08-08-2012, 3:41 AM
did you buy your gsg 522 yet ? which model did you buy ?
the one with long barrel or the pistol version ? and where did you get it ?
I really want to buy one, too. but i just hear a lot of ppl said that the pistol, GSG 522P or GSG 522PK is illegal in CA...:mad::mad:

RedMonkey
08-08-2012, 6:10 AM
I bought one from Palmetto State yesterday; Its a GSG522SD for plinking.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/gsg-522-sd.html

C1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk