PDA

View Full Version : More bull crap from CNN

AfghanVetOrcutt
07-24-2012, 7:24 AM
"Three-quarters of Americans want to keep the right to own handguns, weapons whose only function is to kill human beings at close range"

The article from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/23/opinion/frum-guns/index.html?hpt=hp_c3)

"A gun in the house minimally doubles the risk that a household member will kill himself or herself. (Some studies put the increase in suicide risk as high as 10 times.) An American is 50% more likely to be shot dead by his or her own hand than to be shot dead by a criminal assailant"

Because guns kill people by themselves. I think that says more about the pathetic state of our ability to handle mental health than it does about guns.

"The good news is that as America becomes safer, fewer and fewer Americans feel the need for a weapon. The overall violent crime index has tumbled by one-third since the early 1990s. "

Doesn't that directly correlate with the number of firearms being owned?

"What force on earth could convince Americans that down is up? The most powerful force of all: television."

They got one thing right. Isn't CNN on the television and part of the problem though? Why would they point their fingers at themselves?

"In the land of the Second Amendment, nobody will take your guns away. But if you love your children, you should get rid of them voluntarily."

:facepalm:

Bangzoom
07-24-2012, 7:30 AM
Oh yes Commie News Network at it again

SanPedroShooter
07-24-2012, 7:47 AM
The police can protect you, and will, and do. And a gun in the house is not a guarantee of personal security -- it is instead a standing invitation to family tragedy. The cold dead hands from which they pry the gun are very unlikely to be the hands of a heroic minuteman defending home and hearth against intruders. They are much more likely to be the hands of a troubled adolescent or a clumsy child...

O-RLY?

killathrilla
07-24-2012, 7:54 AM

Bangzoom
07-24-2012, 7:58 AM
The police can protect you, and will, and do. And a gun in the house is not a guarantee of personal security -- it is instead a standing invitation to family tragedy. The cold dead hands from which they pry the gun are very unlikely to be the hands of a heroic minuteman defending home and hearth against intruders. They are much more likely to be the hands of a troubled adolescent or a clumsy child...

O-RLY?

LOL

The Supreme Court ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

rromeo
07-24-2012, 8:04 AM
" But if you love your children, you should get rid of them voluntarily."

My daughter would be most upset if I did. We'd have nothing to protect us from zombies.

AfghanVetOrcutt
07-24-2012, 8:47 AM
The "news" sucks. They should start calling the programs "Nightly Opinions at 6 on [insert channel here]". Who gives a rats *** what these jerk offs opinions are?

tackdriver
07-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Uh oh, I hope they dont do a statistical analysis on the dangers of having slippery showers in a home too....I'd have to get rid of them too....and my kids smell bad enough as it is!

Yaki
07-24-2012, 10:38 AM
"Three-quarters of Americans want to keep the right to own handguns, weapons whose only function is to kill human beings at close range"

The article from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/23/opinion/frum-guns/index.html?hpt=hp_c3)

"A gun in the house minimally doubles the risk that a household member will kill himself or herself. (Some studies put the increase in suicide risk as high as 10 times.) An American is 50% more likely to be shot dead by his or her own hand than to be shot dead by a criminal assailant"

Because guns kill people by themselves. I think that says more about the pathetic state of our ability to handle mental health than it does about guns.

"The good news is that as America becomes safer, fewer and fewer Americans feel the need for a weapon. The overall violent crime index has tumbled by one-third since the early 1990s. "

Doesn't that directly correlate with the number of firearms being owned?

"What force on earth could convince Americans that down is up? The most powerful force of all: television."

They got one thing right. Isn't CNN on the television and part of the problem though? Why would they point their fingers at themselves?

"In the land of the Second Amendment, nobody will take your guns away. But if you love your children, you should get rid of them voluntarily."

:facepalm:

What Jefferson was saying was, Hey! You know, we left this England place 'cause it was bogus; so if we don't get some cool rules ourselves - pronto - we'll just be bogus too! Get it?

Jeff Spicoli Fast Times at Ridgemont High '82

Dantedamean
07-24-2012, 10:38 AM
You know what I took from this? 3/4 of Americans like handguns :D that's more then I would have guessed.

23 Blast
07-24-2012, 10:42 AM
The article's author can voluntarily disarm at his pleasure. I hope he announces a date and time so that I can show up at his house and relieve him of his valuables.

negolien
07-24-2012, 2:08 PM
CNN is a joke half of the so called on air personalities aren't even american citizens.... Anytime they talk about anything related to guns I laugh and discount most of what their saying. They have an agenda and push it truth be damned.

bohoki
07-24-2012, 3:10 PM
weapons that kill at long range are more safe?

Yehosha
07-24-2012, 5:08 PM
We should also ban all rope, knives, razor blades, scissors, bridges and high rise buildings. The gov isn't doing enough to protect us from ourselves.

GREASY357
07-24-2012, 5:14 PM
Who gives a rats *** what these jerk offs opinions are?

sadly, many people eat these opinions as facts.

Nitro Express!
07-24-2012, 6:36 PM
handguns, weapons whose only function is to kill human beings at close range

http://i.imgur.com/mNl9i.jpg
I don't even...