PDA

View Full Version : Camping for: 2nd annual @#!$* rabbit

VFX_man
07-23-2012, 3:49 PM
Hi all, there are still spots available for this campground: 3646'8"N, 11817'42"W

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Grays_Meadows/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70273&topTabIndex=Search

Sounds like it's got quite a bit of shade and it's around 6,000 feet. So hopefully it will have some cooler sleeping.

I'll be arriving in on Friday mid-day, PM me if you are staying there as well.

Sounds like there is trout fishing right in the campground - if the stream still has water ;)

Cheers!

hiddenNdangerous
07-24-2012, 7:47 AM
I was fixing at staying at the tuttle creek campground.

VFX_man
07-24-2012, 8:04 AM
I was fixing at staying at the tuttle creek campground.

Had considered it, just wanted a spot with a little more shade during the day.
The Goggle satellite maps made Tuttle look a little open . . . 36.565, -118.127

It does have an incredible view based on the picture: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/bishop/camping/tuttle.html

Counting the days . . . CU there

21SF
07-24-2012, 8:08 AM
Wow to bad its 6 + hours away lol

VFX_man
07-24-2012, 8:16 AM
Wow to bad its 6 + hours away lol

Tell me about it!

Have wanted to fly fish that area anyway. This way I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone . . . or at least 1 rabbit and a trout ;)

You should just bite the bullet and go! It will be fun. :party:

chknlyps2
07-24-2012, 8:46 AM
Hi all, there are still spots available for this campground: 3646'8"N, 11817'42"W

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Grays_Meadows/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70273&topTabIndex=Search

Sounds like it's got quite a bit of shade and it's around 6,000 feet. So hopefully it will have some cooler sleeping.

Sounds like there is trout fishing right in the campground - if the stream still has water ;)

Cheers!

It has been 10 years since I have been there but there was lots of shade, nice place and always got our limit of trout. The camp host told us that they stock at the bridge so if you catch something above the bridge it is probably native from above at Onion Valley. There is a bridge that goes to some private cabins part way up the creek, people stop there thinking that is the stocking bridge, and we found out the fishing was much better between the cabin bridge and the highway bridge.

21SF
07-24-2012, 1:11 PM
Tell me about it!

Have wanted to fly fish that area anyway. This way I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone . . . or at least 1 rabbit and a trout ;)

You should just bite the bullet and go! It will be fun. :party:

Yeah I know but I JUST ordered my new tent to replace my old one, wont have it this weekend. Also would be going alone and driving that far alone is never fun.

Might head up with CAhighsierra on the August date.

CAHighSierra
07-24-2012, 6:56 PM
Ill be staying at Tuttle in Aug. Cant wait for this trip, looking forward to the fishin too.

victor1echo
07-25-2012, 5:58 AM
I live in Independence, down the street from Greys Campground. The bunnies are everywhere. I have never hunted rabbit, but would love to do so with some Cal Gunners. Count me in!

toby
07-25-2012, 3:18 PM
I live in Independence, down the street from Greys Campground. The bunnies are everywhere. I have never hunted rabbit, but would love to do so with some Cal Gunners. Count me in!

Kinda a long drive for ya, think you can make it? all kidding aside please join us I would like to get a few pics of the attendees/calgunners to share with everyone here. This is the second season and I hope to keep it going for a few more and maybe expand it a bit with other avenues.............:cool: gonna pm you my #