PDA

View Full Version : GALLUP POLL: "Gun Ownership in U.S. Is Highest Since 1993"

Hippies_Have_Guns_Too
07-23-2012, 1:47 PM
Some interesting statistics on national gun ownership. Gallup Poll (http://www.gallup.com/poll/150353/self-reported-gun-ownership-highest-1993.aspx)

Guns in household by political party ID:

55% - (Republicans & Repub leaners)
40% - (Democrats & Dem leaners)

By Gender:

53% - (Men)
43% - (Women)

By Region:

54% - (South)
51% - (Midwest)
43% - (West)
36% - (East)

mexicancolt1
07-23-2012, 2:20 PM
I have both sold and purchased pistols at local gun shows. I have recently noticed the growing number of new weapon owners, specifically, new WOMEN gun owners. They come to the show with their husbands and ask all the questions. Their men stay by their side and say nothing. Truly a surprising occurence.

Hippies_Have_Guns_Too
07-23-2012, 2:27 PM
I have both sold and purchased pistols at local gun shows. I have recently noticed the growing number of new weapon owners, specifically, new WOMEN gun owners. They come to the show with their husbands and ask all the questions. Their men stay by their side and say nothing. Truly a surprising occurence.

Agreed. I too have noticed more women interested in owning/shooting guns in recent years.

20+ years ago, at least for me, it was rare to see women shooters. Good to see the trend is changing.

Curley Red
07-23-2012, 2:38 PM
40% - (Democrats & Dem leaners)

This can not be true, so many people on this site tell me that only republicans own guns. And democrats are all liberals and that they are against guns. There is no way that the republicans can only out number the democrats by 15%. It is just not true.

5shot
07-23-2012, 2:57 PM
This can not be true, so many people on this site tell me that only republicans own guns. And democrats are all liberals and that they are against guns. There is no way that the republicans can only out number the democrats by 15%. It is just not true.

The only reason we still have guns in the country is because of the Bible Belt southern democrats who love hunting and shooting. They vote with the majority of Republicans against gun control laws.

mosinnagantm9130
07-23-2012, 3:15 PM
There is a surge of new young shooters, as well as women coming into the sport. The stats don't surprise me in light of this.

Travis590A1
07-23-2012, 3:17 PM
Good, hopefully these new gun owners will vote against any new or upcoming legislation restricting firearms further.