PDA

View Full Version : Heroes in the media, not tragedy

tpc13
07-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Why is it that the media exploits guns when it comes to killing someone.

How about focusing on Hereos when they shoot the intruder and save their family and kids from harm.

Just a thought can anyone link hereo stories when using a gun to protect someone was a positive thing!!!

Carnivore
07-23-2012, 2:09 AM
You are not considered a hero by most in the media if you kill an intruder only if you die from one. Our men and women dieing for their country don't get portrayed as hero's why should anyone in the US. Sad beyond words really but pathetically true.

phrogg111
07-23-2012, 3:42 AM
Why don't we just ban murder? We could implement capitol punishment while we're at it, too.

SanPedroShooter
07-23-2012, 6:30 AM
Blood sells ink. Which should mean that a good shoot would be good news, but you forgot to add politics which usually overcomes the will of the corporate media, but not by much. I mean they dont work just to sell papers right? They are, ahem, 'journalists'.....

vantec08
07-23-2012, 6:34 AM
Why is it that the media exploits guns when it comes to killing someone.

How about focusing on Hereos when they shoot the intruder and save their family and kids from harm.

Just a thought can anyone link hereo stories when using a gun to protect someone was a positive thing!!!

Main reason is that its much easier and safer to hold inanimate objects accountable rather than people. Especially considering that one political party has lowered the bar so much that its laying on the ground.

Curley Red
07-23-2012, 8:13 AM
Dirty laundry sells better than clean laundry when it comes to the news.

tpc13
07-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Well the media is worthless. I believe they need to focus on the good things that people do and not just exploit the bad.

Sir Stunna Lot
07-24-2012, 4:07 AM
A man once said: a man that reads nothing is smarter than a man that reads the newspaper only.

Such concept can be applied to the news and media these days. Lets just say i dont hold much credibility in the media.

stix213
07-24-2012, 4:48 AM
Ratings + Ideology = News Programming

The War Wagon
07-24-2012, 5:20 AM
I offered to buy my local NBC affiliate Thesauruses for EVERY on-air personality - at MY expense - to help teach them the difference between the word, "tragedy," and the word, "ATROCITY," and how to CORRECTLY use each. No response. :rolleyes:

Seeing as how Journalism is the college major for those who find teaching grade school ENGLISH to be, "TOO challenging," I'd hold out NO HOPE, of them ever focusing on the TRUE heroes in these sorts of ATROCITIES... :mad: