PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a safe

Whitefang
07-22-2012, 11:31 PM
I think it's about time I invested In one, I believe one that can store 24 guns or so and has a fire proof rating of about 45 mins.

XYZ
07-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Here's a general thread about safes:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=135167

Whitefang
07-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Appreciate it, I knew I had seen a thread around here about safes, damn iPhone doesn't let me search stuff on calguns for some reason

thomashoward
07-22-2012, 11:48 PM
get one with a stated capacity twice what you will need plus extra for growth. I have a supposedly 30 gun that only holds 15
only four w/ 50mm scopes on one side because they cannot get close to the wall.

VegasND
07-23-2012, 6:35 AM
I went from two smaller safes to a Brahma 50
42"wx72"hx28"d

It's full and I'm trying to decide what comes out and goes back into one of the smaller safes ...
Link, but I didn't buy from these guys:
http://www.westcoastsafes.com/brahma-b50-gun-safe-p-1000188.html

WWDHD?
07-23-2012, 2:31 PM
I'm happy with my Study safe. Made here in CA (Fresno). Liberty's are nice too. Most of them are still US made. They look good and have cool features but IMHO they are not generally as secure as the Sturdy safes are. Fire-proof lining on a Sturdy is optional and I skipped it to save money. I personally don't think the fire rating is that big of a deal. If the safe temp inside gets to about 300 degrees for more than a few minuets your guns are probably ruined anyway. I bought my safe to secure my guns and I'll take my chances with a firehouse half-a-mile from my house. Good luck.

Mr. Beretta
07-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm happy with my Study safe. Made here in CA (Fresno). Liberty's are nice too. Most of them are still US made. They look good and have cool features but IMHO they are not generally as secure as the Sturdy safes are. Fire-proof lining on a Sturdy is optional and I skipped it to save money. I personally don't think the fire rating is that big of a deal. If the safe temp inside gets to about 300 degrees for more than a few minuets your guns are probably ruined anyway. I bought my safe to secure my guns and I'll take my chances with a firehouse half-a-mile from my house. Good luck.

100 +

I've had several good ones over the years,Cannon, Browning, etc.. Last year I spent the money and got a Sturdy. Best money I ever spent! No regrets!

Do your homework and I'll bet you'll get a Sturdy!

Good Luck.