PDA

View Full Version : PPT Handgun Purchases: More than 1 every 30 days

sfbadger
07-22-2012, 7:02 PM
Is there a limit on the number of handguns that I can own or purchase?

While no limitation exists for the number of handguns that you may own, you are generally limited to purchasing no more than one handgun in any 30-day period. Handgun transactions related to law enforcement, private party transfers, returns to owners, and certain other specific circumstances are exempt from the one-handgun-per-30-day limit.

(PC section 12072(a)(9))

I just ran across this at the CA DOJ FAQ. Does this mean that more than one handgun can be purchased every 30 days if they are PPT's?

HowardW56
07-22-2012, 7:15 PM
Is there a limit on the number of handguns that I can own or purchase?

While no limitation exists for the number of handguns that you may own, you are generally limited to purchasing no more than one handgun in any 30-day period. Handgun transactions related to law enforcement, private party transfers, returns to owners, and certain other specific circumstances are exempt from the one-handgun-per-30-day limit.

(PC section 12072(a)(9))

I just ran across this at the CA DOJ FAQ. Does this mean that more than one handgun can be purchased every 30 days if they are PPT's?

If they are PPT, you can buy them hourly, if you can afford it

hawk1
07-22-2012, 7:19 PM
If they are PPT, you can buy them hourly, if you can afford it

Unless you are in the city of Los Angeles...

55.14. Sale or Purchase of More than One Handgun within A Thirty Day Period Prohibited.

HowardW56
07-22-2012, 7:25 PM
Unless you are in the city of Los Angeles...

55.14. Sale or Purchase of More than One Handgun within A Thirty Day Period Prohibited.

Good catch, I forgot about that Los Angeles Bull****.....

Librarian
07-22-2012, 9:58 PM
FAQ Asked and answered - PPT is exempt from 1-in-30, except within the City of Los Angeles.