PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma and guns

Northern Lights
07-22-2012, 5:02 PM
Moving to Oklahoma in a week and want to bring some guns with me. I'm driving out there and was thinking I'd bring an AR and a Sig 9mm... for now :D Anyways, does anyone know if I can just throw those two in the trunk and drive across state lines? Also, are AR's and Sigs good to go in OK? I assume they're just fine.. might even be able to take off the bb!?

Thanks!

Akers
07-22-2012, 5:04 PM
What part of OK? My entire family lives there.

StratORcaster
07-22-2012, 5:14 PM
buy some bug spray! You're free!

hermosabeach
07-22-2012, 5:26 PM
Transit
If the guns are legal where you start, legal where you end, unloaded and in a locked case, you are legal- (locked case not in the cabin of the car)

Northern Lights
07-22-2012, 5:31 PM

Tulsa

Will do! :D

Transit
If the guns are legal where you start, legal where you end, unloaded and in a locked case, you are legal- (locked case not in the cabin of the car)

Sounds good, that's more or less what I figured just wanted to be sure. Know if ARs are kosher out there?

MaHoTex
07-22-2012, 5:32 PM
Tulsa

I am from Bixby, just south of Tulsa.

Hot and humid...

SuperSet
07-22-2012, 5:34 PM
Of course, ARs are kosher there! :) You can even get a suppressor and hunt pigs with it! Best of luck to ya.

Northern Lights
07-22-2012, 6:32 PM
Of course, ARs are kosher there! :) You can even get a suppressor and hunt pigs with it! Best of luck to ya.

Sweeeeet, thanks!

Gringo Bandito
07-22-2012, 6:38 PM

Mine does to.

Ardmore, Wilson, OK City and surrounding areas. Boomer Sooners!

32blownhemi
07-22-2012, 7:18 PM
Last year when I was in Oklahoma for 2 months the guy next to me at the indoor range was shooting a full auto... And he wasn't LO, just a regular Oklahoma citizen....

Kinsel83
07-22-2012, 7:25 PM
OP, you are lucky to get out of this state. Congrats! Oh and enjoy your AR without that BB.

Ubermcoupe
07-22-2012, 7:31 PM
Lineage from Pryor, OK. :thumbsup: Didn’t realize there were so many Okies around...

StratORcaster
07-22-2012, 7:31 PM
Enjoy the good fishin'!

chewy352
07-23-2012, 1:00 PM
We even legalized open carry this year. You have to have your OK CCW to do it but it's a step in the right direction.

Welcome to Oklahoma.

Flopper
07-23-2012, 1:07 PM
Also, are AR's and Sigs good to go in OK? I assume they're just fine.. might even be able to take off the bb!?

This made me LOL.

OK is one of the most free states in regard to firearms.

Good luck in your new home!

Coded-Dude
07-23-2012, 1:13 PM

No you can't hunt with it....IIRC. My cousin has one and was told he could NOT hunt with it. Anwyho, they just passed open carry, but only for those with a license. OK accepts all other state carry licenses(I even think having an Arizona Drivers License is valid - since they have constitutional carry...but I could be wrong on that one). okshooters.com is the CGN equivalent, of you want to get on there and ask some locals some questions(best gun ranges etc.). I never spent a lot of time in Tulsa so I can't recommend a whole lot in that area.

[EDIT] found it...looks like they are trying to pass it though.

Firearm suppressors are already legal in the Sooner State. Law-abiding Oklahomans currently own and use firearm suppressors at shooting ranges or for target practice in the fields or woods. Hunting is the only firearm-related activity for which suppressors remain illegal is hunting, and the National Rifle Association seeks to repeal this unnecessary restriction in Oklahoma for landowners on their own private property and their invited guests.

After receiving overwhelming approval in the Senate by a 40 to 3 vote, Senate Bill1743 has come under attack from some state game wardens, and needs your help to pass in the House Agriculture, Wildlife and Environment Committee. Known as the “Landowner's Hunting Freedom Act,” this important pro-hunting legislation would allow Oklahoma landowners and their guests to use lawfully-possessed suppressors (also referred to as silencers) on firearms for hunting. source (http://www.nraila.org/hunting/issues-and-alerts/2012/3/will-fear-or-facts-decide-hunting-policy-in-oklahoma.aspx)

Window_Seat
07-23-2012, 2:11 PM
As indicated earlier, you're moving to a very free state. Enjoy!

t0kie
07-23-2012, 2:13 PM
Nice, good for you!

Coded-Dude
07-23-2012, 2:20 PM
if everything works out....I'll be about 6-8 months behind you. Of course I'll be in the OKC area. I am from Seminole(btw). 12 years in this state(PRK) is about enough for me.

Tripper
07-23-2012, 2:23 PM
grab your shorts, its hot
just talked to my dad at Lake Eufala, like an hour ago, been 100+ for the last week+.
my family is OK also, have 4 ancestors that claimed land in the 89 rush (all on outskirts of OKC, still have some of the land in Harrah, actual Boomer Sooners
Don't be surprised if you see guns in gun racks in the back window of trucks
enjoy

Tripper
07-23-2012, 2:24 PM
oh, they have a serious Annual Full-Auto Shootout, look for it.

SuperSet
07-23-2012, 2:42 PM
Also be sure to check out the US Shooting Academy, which is close to Tulsa. Their range is quite phenomenal.

Wherryj
07-23-2012, 2:48 PM

...and a "teeth brush". You can only get the kind that works on the one tooth there...

MaHoTex
07-23-2012, 3:49 PM
...and a "teeth brush". You can only get the kind that works on the one tooth there...

No... that is Tennessee....

donw
07-23-2012, 5:13 PM
our family is from heavener and stigler.

on a trip back to see relatives, we were surprised to see a roadside booth set up selling guns...that was between heavener and mcalester...gotta love oklahoma! :driving::yes::cheers2:

Oceanbob
07-23-2012, 7:16 PM
Daughter (adult) lives in Tulsa. She heard me mention a particular off list handgun I lusted after (Ok...I admit I was dropping a hint .:p )

A few days before my birthday, she calls and ask for my FFLs phone number. She actually drove over to Medlock Firearms in Collinsville, about 3 exits up the road and bought me this handgun. :D Dang, I love that kid....

Took her 4 minutes to buy it and walk out. Had it in my hand about 12 days later...:cool2: