PDA

View Full Version : Tough Kiwi battles big boar w knife and dogs

Warrior King
07-22-2012, 3:25 PM
Just saw this on youtube. Title could be knife versus tusk.

Wyc2YvfbWzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyc2YvfbWzA

pieeater
07-22-2012, 3:41 PM
Looks like some rough country, dont see a lot of roads. If its a long chase could be a long walk. lol Oh yeah and tagged for the peta crew who everytime they see a drop of blood or a dog will say thats not real hunting.

lewdogg21
07-22-2012, 4:13 PM
Good stuff. Dogs chasing bears, cats, and hogs is real hunting. I wonder how many people who say it's not have ever been. Maybe .02%?

bruceflinch
07-22-2012, 5:38 PM
Had a pucker moment there! Never seen a pig vs knife before.
I was surprised somewhat how the end came down for the pig.
The pig's head was near the water & the dogs surrounded him, while the Hunter just grabbed the hind leg & flipped the pig over. Do you suppose the pig was drowning at that point & was unable to breathe or kick? Or do they go limp when upside down?

The Hunter was pretty calm about stabbing the pig in the throat. Not sure I would still have clean shorts at that point...

Interesting video.

StratORcaster
07-22-2012, 5:40 PM
WOW!

mzhunter
07-22-2012, 7:47 PM
you can see the knife before he slit his throat it has blood on it the pig was all ready wounded thats why he didn't put up a better fight

StratORcaster
07-22-2012, 7:48 PM
That guy's nuts!

Warrior King
07-22-2012, 8:09 PM
Had a pucker moment there! Never seen a pig vs knife before.
I was surprised somewhat how the end came down for the pig.
The pig's head was near the water & the dogs surrounded him, while the Hunter just grabbed the hind leg & flipped the pig over. Do you suppose the pig was drowning at that point & was unable to breathe or kick? Or do they go limp when upside down?

The Hunter was pretty calm about stabbing the pig in the throat. Not sure I would still have clean shorts at that point...

Interesting video.

They do pig sticking in Hawaii and in the South. Also some hunters do it here including some cal gunners, but not as common in CA. Dogs seem to run the hogs into the water a lot. This is the first video where the reverse happened where the boar chased the dog and then the hunter into the drink!

Its a common move to grab the boar by the hind legs and turn them. Safer move is to have the dogs latched on to the boars ears and throat while one guy flips the boar or just lifts back legs while another guy moves in and makes stab to heart.

Warrior King
07-22-2012, 8:14 PM
Looks like some rough country, dont see a lot of roads. If its a long chase could be a long walk. lol Oh yeah and tagged for the peta crew who everytime they see a drop of blood or a dog will say thats not real hunting.

Yeah that is rough steep country. Two guys and two boars means some hard hauling.

Warrior King
07-22-2012, 8:15 PM
Good stuff. Dogs chasing bears, cats, and hogs is real hunting. I wonder how many people who say it's not have ever been. Maybe .02%?

Yeah that Kiwi was a real pit bull as in he was part of the pack. Yeah to me the ultimate hunt is when you run with the dogs and get in a knife fight with a wild animal. I mean it cant get any more old school than that. Its cave man style hunting.

91 whiskey 209
07-22-2012, 8:28 PM
Sub

mif_slim
07-22-2012, 8:48 PM
I went to Thailand once and saw 2 guys corner a boar, stuck em with a knife...now that's skills... No dogs, just a few foot of ropes and 2 guys tracking. It's not horrible seeing them killed like so. I've seen it done plenty of times at the butcher shop.

I saw the owner of a slaughter house grab a sheep by its legs, pulled it in and layed it on the ground with his knees on its body while cutting off the entire head. It was fast and I was amazed at how fast he cut off the head. It wasn't a brutal swing of a axe, it was with a small 7-8" knife and like 3 swift cuts and sheeps head was off...crazyness..

Cool vid OP

Warrior King
07-22-2012, 8:52 PM
I went to Thailand once and saw 2 guys corner a boar, stuck em with a knife...now that's skills... No dogs, just a few foot of ropes and 2 guys tracking. It's not horrible seeing them killed like so. I've seen it done plenty of times at the butcher shop.

I saw the owner of a slaughter house grab a sheep by its legs, pulled it in and layed it on the ground with his knees on its body while cutting off the entire head. It was fast and I was amazed at how fast he cut off the head. It wasn't a brutal swing of a axe, it was with a small 7-8" knife and like 3 swift cuts and sheeps head was off...crazyness..

Cool vid OP

Well you got to do it that way when you eat all the dogs, and they stop being mans best friend.

Hunter87
07-22-2012, 9:04 PM
That is a bad ***** video!

mif_slim
07-22-2012, 9:11 PM
WK, it has nothing to do with eating all the dogs...that rumors still going around?? I thought it was done back in the 80's.. haha.

taperxz
07-22-2012, 9:13 PM

Dogs? Thats not REAL hunting.

StratORcaster
07-22-2012, 9:15 PM

Have you ever hunted Pheasant??

taperxz
07-22-2012, 9:17 PM

Me? NO, i'm not a hunter.

taperxz
07-22-2012, 9:17 PM
BTW your avatar video sux. Its very annoying to even read your posts.

StratORcaster
07-22-2012, 9:18 PM
I guess I read into your avatar... :D

StratORcaster
07-22-2012, 9:19 PM
It's not mine. It's borrowed.

taperxz
07-22-2012, 9:22 PM
Hunting with dogs is for wimps. CA legislature says so. Its not ethical.

ewarmour
07-22-2012, 9:23 PM
Tough dogs battle big boar w kiwi and knife

StratORcaster
07-22-2012, 9:24 PM
BTW your avatar video sux. Its very annoying to even read your posts.

It's not a video, it's a GIF image:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Interchange_Format

Warrior King
07-22-2012, 9:27 PM
Tough dogs battle big boar w kiwi and knife

Ok but did the dogs haul out the boar?

pieeater
07-22-2012, 9:27 PM

You back home yet? Me the seacow and lewdog were going to come up and hunt your place. We all drew special early season A tags.

taperxz
07-22-2012, 9:28 PM
You back home yet? Me the seacow and lewdog were going to come up and hunt your place. We all drew special early season A tags.

I already got a buck

taperxz
07-22-2012, 9:31 PM
It's not a video, it's a GIF image:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Interchange_Format

Umm i really don't care what it is. Its just really annoying so i will pretend like its not there.

Shoot-it
07-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Does your bird dog run down the game and hold it for you so you can stick it.
To me that's not hunting it's having your dog catch your game.I like being the hunter spot or stock call in what ever i will do the work and take the game not my dog.He can retrieve a down bird but that's it.I am not bashing that style if you like it so be it .
Let the can of worms fall as they may.

Shoot-it
07-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Umm i really don't care what it is. Its just really annoying so i will pretend like its not there.

I have an easy way of hiding it for you just put a few pieces of duck tape on the screen.:hide:

Warrior King
07-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Does your bird dog run down the game and hold it for you so you can stick it.
To me that's not hunting it's having your dog catch your game.I like being the hunter spot or stock call in what ever i will do the work and take the game not my dog.He can retrieve a down bird but that's it.I am not bashing that style if you like it so be it .
Let the can of worms fall as they may.

Hunting is bringing home the meat when you had to put meat on the table and if a dog helped get the job done so be it. Men train dogs to point or catch, and they work with men as a team... and you gotta give that Kiwi credit for taking lots of risk to protect his dogs that were not wearing a lot of Kevlar.

Mr.Hipp
07-22-2012, 10:50 PM
saw this a while back... this is the edited version. on the full length episode the Hawaiian guy sticks the black pig then hands his knife to the haole guy and tells him to go kill the other pig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYm7d5GAWss&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL7F3F8C937841A25F

Yotehnter
07-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Not my style of hunting either.I thought hog dogs hold them down it look like the dogs did a poor job at it.That giy almost got the tusk.

Warrior King
07-23-2012, 7:40 AM
Not my style of hunting either.I thought hog dogs hold them down it look like the dogs did a poor job at it.That giy almost got the tusk.

I thought that at first. But the Kiwi was calling off his dogs when they were trying for a hold. I think the Kiwi was trying to protect his dogs from getting cut up. I have seen dogs that were more adroit in their approach, but some dogs will go from the front no matter what.

This kind of action seems to be Kiwi style boar hunting where the hunters assume more risk. I saw one video were the Kiwi guide was holding the boar by the ears and the boar slashed his client on the thigh deep, and the guide just laughed.

bombadillo
07-23-2012, 7:48 AM
I know a guy who does a lot of spearing locally, but not knife. I've been offered countless times to go, but I don't know if I could deal with it physically. My back being all jacked up, not sure if I could make the climbs and run around the pig as needed.

Warrior King
07-23-2012, 8:03 AM
I know a guy who does a lot of spearing locally, but not knife. I've been offered countless times to go, but I don't know if I could deal with it physically. My back being all jacked up, not sure if I could make the climbs and run around the pig as needed.

Is that legal? I mean having a spear as a method of take in CA?

bombadillo
07-23-2012, 8:07 AM
Never asked, but they're a nuisance up here and can take them at any time of year. I know this old crusty guy who has been doing it for 30+ years so I would guess yes, but I'm not sure to be honest.

Warrior King
07-23-2012, 8:31 AM
Never asked, but they're a nuisance up here and can take them at any time of year. I know this old crusty guy who has been doing it for 30+ years so I would guess yes, but I'm not sure to be honest.

Old crusty guys with spears can get away with a lot of stuff unless they are in a place like NY or L.A.

devil83dog@hotmail.com
07-23-2012, 8:39 AM
Good stuff!!!

Shoot-it
07-23-2012, 12:24 PM
I thought that at first. But the Kiwi was calling off his dogs when they were trying for a hold. I think the Kiwi was trying to protect his dogs from getting cut up. I have seen dogs that were more adroit in their approach, but some dogs will go from the front no matter what.

This kind of action seems to be Kiwi style boar hunting where the hunters assume more risk. I saw one video were the Kiwi guide was holding the boar by the ears and the boar slashed his client on the thigh deep, and the guide just laughed.
What was the orange and the banana doing just kicking back and watching.What aholes not even helping out....:mad:

victor1echo
07-23-2012, 12:35 PM
What an awesome way to end your life, being chased by dogs, held underwater, and then stabbed. This guy work for Blackwater?

chicoredneck
07-23-2012, 2:01 PM
cool video

em9sredbeam
07-23-2012, 2:16 PM
Cool video. Dogs or not, that guy is crazy.

camacho2727
07-23-2012, 5:23 PM
According to the DoFG its is not legal to use a knife or spear, only a firearm, bow or crossbow can be used to take an animal...........i am more concerned about the TICKS, Hell no would i put a tick riden boar on like a backpack.

pieeater
07-23-2012, 6:36 PM
According to the DoFG its is not legal to use a knife or spear, only a firearm, bow or crossbow can be used to take an animal...........i am more concerned about the TICKS, Hell no would i put a tick riden boar on like a backpack.

lol Not anymore for me. But as a kid I can remember carrying out A zone deer and pigs on my back. Trying to wipe the fleas and ticks off my face and having blood from the cavity trickle down the crack of my *** in 100 + degree heat. Good times!

tony270
07-23-2012, 6:54 PM
If the hogs are privately owned you can use any means as long as its not animal cruelty, the fishing game regulations only applie to game animals native to California.