PDA

View Full Version : Opening an Indoor Shooting range

1911whore
07-22-2012, 10:41 AM
What does it take/cost to open an indoor range. Ive tossed the idea around for a LONG time and finally there are two opening locally. What is entailed in actually opening one?
How does a person find financing / venture capitalists to do this?

skosh69
07-22-2012, 8:02 PM
That's a good question! A buddy of mine and I have been tossing around the same idea...

BajaJames83
07-22-2012, 8:11 PM
Interesting, I actually started a post on the steps required to open a range. I got some good feedback. The owner of island view recently opened a range and offered me a tour of his place and any help.

Bangzoom
07-22-2012, 8:18 PM
The Green Zone opened in Chatsworth recently...it was in the papers

snip
"Tragar invested more than $30,000 to remodel a 7,000-square-foot industrial building and spent nine months going through the permitting process for the facility. The Green Zone opened in April."

link
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_21027132/firing-away-without-guilt-at-green-shooting-range?IADID=Search-www.dailynews.com-www.dailynews.com

and the best advice i can give is...half off for calguns.net members....just sayin

Ubermcoupe
07-22-2012, 8:46 PM
There are numerous threads that have been started asking the same question(s) so if you have some good google fu limit your search to your parameters + “calguns.net” and that should help you out.

The most common advice is to get in touch with the NRA as they typically have the cheapest insurance plans/rates for ranges and do this sort of thing.

The three main components are:

Building $ + materials
Permits
Insurance

Depending on your planned location some of these can be more difficult to get the others.

Best of luck and keep us posted :)

Bangzoom
07-22-2012, 9:27 PM
30,000??? i would have guessed (uneducated) that it'd be a couple million to open a decent shooting range.

Im sure that since they only fire frangible that the lining of the range would not have to be as substantial

Synergy
07-22-2012, 9:49 PM
What does it take/cost to open an indoor range. Ive tossed the idea around for a LONG time and finally there are two opening locally. What is entailed in actually opening one?
How does a person find financing / venture capitalists to do this?

I know about the private club in Roseville, where else?