PDA

View Full Version : Selling/Shipping ammo into San Francisco?

SinglePoint
07-22-2012, 9:16 AM
I thought a while back there was a Proposition (H?) to prohibit ammo (handgun) sales/tranfers/etc into San Francisco, other than FTF. I also thought it was struck down. I am in so. CA and do not know their local laws and cannot find anything definitive. What is the latest? Is selling and shipping handgun ammo into San Francisco lawfull or not? Thanks.

Librarian
07-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Lawful.

Some sellers seem to believe otherwise. If you encounter that, keep shopping.

Radambe
07-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Cheaper Than Dirt refused to ship to me (I live in downtown San Francisco). I had a shopping cart, full of mostly ammunition, close to $1000. I wrote them about it, citing the fact that it is lawful for them to ship to me. In their response they basically stated that it is their policy not to ship to SF, period. Makes no sense. I will not buy anything from them. From my perspective, they're basically giving the SF bureaucrats what they want. They are enabling the SF anti-gunners to impede upon our civil rights. This is NOT ok with me.

I've been ordering from Underwood instead, with no shipping problem. I cannot recommend Underwood enough. The product is extremely high quality, the customer service is beyond impeccable, and the savings are fantastic.

canuck870
08-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Cabelas, BulkAmmo.com and AmmunitionStore.com will ship to SF.

Able Ammo, Midway, refuse to ship. Some stores will detect on order. Able Ammo sent me a message the following day saying my order was canceled.