RP1911
07-22-2012, 6:35 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/22/4648324/marcos-breton-you-keep-your-gun.html

Ripon83
07-22-2012, 7:04 AM
Sac Bee link isn't loading?

pontiacpratt
07-22-2012, 7:08 AM
He's going to be killed with his own gun. Someone breaks in he's going to pull out his gun that he never practices with and... fumble it.

RP1911
07-22-2012, 7:09 AM
fixed it.

chief916
07-22-2012, 7:20 AM
its an odd layout for a article that really doesn't hammer its point across until the very end... skip to the last 3/4 of the article and save 5 mins of your life.

SanPedroShooter
07-22-2012, 7:25 AM
How much time could I save by not reading it all?

chief916
07-22-2012, 7:30 AM
7 mins... and it isn't about banning gun, more or less banning the AR to civilians

there i saved EVERYONE 7 mins that i will never get back myself :(

SanPedroShooter
07-22-2012, 7:32 AM
Thank you, I read it AND commented.

Comments overwhelmingly positive by the way.

There are some real weirdos out there.

SanPedroShooter
07-22-2012, 7:43 AM
More trash. The idea of 'banning' assault rifles is obvioulsy flawed on its face since assault rifles are already unavailable to 90% of population.

http://kdvr.com/2012/07/20/web-poll-should-it-be-legal-to-own-an-assault-rifle/

Hit poll. Quickly taken off the front page too after not getting the results they are looking for.

Do media outlets actually use this info to tailor spin, or are these polls just made up to get eyeballs?

Ripon83
07-22-2012, 9:59 AM
Its funny how he said "your going to label me a liberal" and how don't send me that "NRA" dribble or whatever he wrote.

This "writer" then suggests AR-15's are banned in CA. Glad he did lots of research on that one...wow...what an intelligent dope.

And the best one, the 2nd amendment doesn't provide people rights to military type weapons...really....I'm sure the FF's were thinking of the hand gun in the night stand when they wrote that.....wow....I can see why newspapers are going broke with this level of intelligence.

MiddleKingdom
07-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm in Sacramento. I check the ads on Thursdays to see what's on sale at TDS, River City & other gun stores. You WILL see ads for AR-15 rifles in The Bee. I think his contention is that AR-15s and similar rifles serve no use to the public. That's where he is flat out wrong. He bases his entire argument on that idea. If he doesn't want to be dismissed so easily as a "liberal" then he shouldn't dismiss the NRA as a propaganda organization.

jsr3313
07-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Wow...um...he really doesn't get it. Yes, some things are illegal in CA. Hi-cap mags, semi-automatic weapons w/specific features, etc. Yet, he doesn't touch on that. He even states "We repeat excuses that rationalize the obscenity of assault rifles purchased legally in department stores for the purpose of killing innocents." Really? ANYTHING can be used to kill people. Knives, baseball bats, CARS!!!

I'm sorry Marcus, but you really do listen too much to the wrong people. The scared sheep of the world. Not the law-abiding citizen that is level headed about things going on in the world.

I'm glad I left CA, sort of. It's just stupid what comes out of people's mouths nowadays.

Kappy
07-22-2012, 2:34 PM
Wow...um...he really doesn't get it. Yes, some things are illegal in CA. Hi-cap mags, semi-automatic weapons w/specific features, etc. Yet, he doesn't touch on that. He even states "We repeat excuses that rationalize the obscenity of assault rifles purchased legally in department stores for the purpose of killing innocents." Really? ANYTHING can be used to kill people. Knives, baseball bats, CARS!!!

I'm sorry Marcus, but you really do listen too much to the wrong people. The scared sheep of the world. Not the law-abiding citizen that is level headed about things going on in the world.

I'm glad I left CA, sort of. It's just stupid what comes out of people's mouths nowadays.

Don't tell us. Get in there and shred him. I did. And I'm taking no prisoners. I'm throwing out the facts, acting reasonably, and showing that he has no authority to write about this topic. The more people we have posting, the more people we inform.

Dave A
07-22-2012, 8:22 PM
I responded to Mr. Breton and to one of the more ignorant anti-gun posters. Always keep it civil of course, because whatever you say it will not change their mind, but someone reading the comments might learn something.

Marcos Breton is definitely a liberal, but he doesn't recognize that fact. I had to laugh about his owning a pistol, but he will never take it out of his house. I told him that I supported him as I felt safer with him keeping it at home. :rolleyes: