PDA

View Full Version : San Jose gun 30 round mag for sale

vanhexus
07-21-2012, 11:09 PM
I was at the TS gun show 7-21-12 and looking for a 223 Saiga mag .One of the vendor have 5 -6 bags 30round mag for sale 25$ each.I ask her is it block off to 10 round she ask the man and he said no.I notice the bottom spring stinking out off the mag.I was going to buy it but not really want to break the 10 round law if I break the law?:confused:this vendor all he/she sale is mags

Merc1138
07-21-2012, 11:17 PM
If the spring was sticking out of the bottom, then it wasn't assembled, which means it was not a magazine, it was a parts kit. You can buy parts kits and make them into 10 round mags.

gunprofit
07-21-2012, 11:19 PM
When did people become such big sissys?

Merc1138
07-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Umm, when people who don't know every detail yet off the top of their head want to make sure they don't do something they could get in trouble? Damn people asking for info about whether or not something gun related is legal in CA on calguns.net in the general gun discussion forum, how dare they!

mossy
07-22-2012, 12:25 AM
welcome to calguns. it is legal to sell standard capacity mag "rebuild kits" that are not assembled. if ya still want to buy a rebuild kit there are many friendly websights that ship them here. just make sure you don't build a new standard cap mag or use any standard cap mag in a firearm equipped with a bullet button.

give the new guy a break, he did not ask a stupid question so he does not deserve a sarcastic answer. we were all new to the sport at one time and had to learn the confusing mess of laws in CA.

Ron-Solo
07-22-2012, 1:22 AM

No need to be rude.

Not everyone understands about rebuild kits.

Sir Stunna Lot
07-22-2012, 1:46 AM

way to represent yourself as a new member on the forum, very contributing... :rolleyes:

Travis590A1
07-22-2012, 2:29 AM
If you assemble them it is a felony in CA. So do what the rest of us do, keep them hidden away till the zombie apocolypse! Muhaahahahahahaha!

Ribkick
07-22-2012, 5:21 PM
If you assemble them it is a felony in CA. So do what the rest of us do, keep them hidden away till the zombie apocolypse! Muhaahahahahahaha!

Please refrain from including "the rest of us" in your admission of a felony on a public forum, DS. Thank you. :facepalm:

guitar-nut
07-22-2012, 7:06 PM
Please refrain from including "the rest of us" in your admission of a felony on a public forum, DS. Thank you. :facepalm:

Pretty sure he meant "keep your rebuild kits stashed for the apocalypse".

Oceanbob
07-22-2012, 7:12 PM
I was at the TS gun show 7-21-12 and looking for a 223 Saiga mag .One of the vendor have 5 -6 bags 30round mag for sale 25$ each.I ask her is it block off to 10 round she ask the man and he said no.I notice the bottom spring stinking out off the mag.I was going to buy it but not really want to break the 10 round law if I break the law?:confused:this vendor all he/she sale is mags

Sir.....Welcome to Cal Guns..!

Expect that all 10 plus magazines regardless of the weapon should be in parts; in a baggy. Nothing to worry about.

Be well :D

Deadbolt
07-22-2012, 7:31 PM

pretend you are Prince.

Now change your name to a symbol that is marginally representative of your former self

Now - look at those chunks of metal and the related coils of alloy

ask yourself : What?

this.

http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/datsun-510-9.jpg

and then realize that if you use assemble a 30rd its illegal. Then again you could make a 10rd w/ a block. The choice in yours.

xrMike
07-23-2012, 9:56 AM

:D

No felony was admitted, my friend.

fremont lapua
07-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Since we are on the subject, can you just put a block inside the mag when in state, so when I leave and go to Nevada I can pull the mag block out and also disassemble the mag for cleaning. Or am I required to epoxy or rivit the base plate on.

Merc1138
07-23-2012, 11:12 AM
No, it has to be "permanent"(yet permanence is not defined, go figure).

Just get some rebuild kits to assemble while you're out of state, and disassemble before you bring them back.

cannon
07-23-2012, 4:06 PM

Pro Tip:

A sentence ending in "Muhaahahahahahahaha!" denotes humor or an insane madman bent on world domination.

Since insane madmen bent on world domination are fairly rare on Calguns you may want to look into getting a sense of humor. ;)

Travis590A1
07-23-2012, 4:51 PM

Since when is storing re-builds a crime? :confused: silly goose.

10mm
07-24-2012, 12:57 AM
way to represent yourself as a new member on the forum, very contributing... :rolleyes:

Agreed. There are a pleathora of assh*le* on this forum. Got to roll with the punches. There are also good number of members that want to help those that are unsure of gun related topics. Hang in there fella.;)