PDA

View Full Version : Non tactical ar15 bags/cases

smog7
07-21-2012, 9:49 PM
I want to pick up an ar15 gun bag/case that will not attract tons of attention. Post up what you guys are using.

GettoPhilosopher
07-22-2012, 4:15 AM
I'll have to add pics once it's properly finished, but I'm using one of these: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician-s-Gear-Electric-Guitar-Gig-bag-483282-i1423760.gc

I then cut into the filling and put in cut-to-fit pieces of corrugated plastic from home depot (basically cardboard made out of plastic) in it to keep it guitar shaped and keep the shape of the rifle from being easily felt. I then took a thick (3 1/2") elastic strap and looped it and pinned it so that it holds three Pmags.

My wife's going to sew a thicker cloth lining in it and sew the elastic loops more securely, but it works for now. Throw a combo lock on the zipper and it's great for LUCC.

smog7
07-22-2012, 1:45 PM
^good idea, but do you leave it in open view in your car? I'm thinking about a bag that doesn't look too expensive, in which the ar will have to be broken down into two parts.

Mossy Man
07-22-2012, 2:09 PM
^good idea, but do you leave it in open view in your car? I'm thinking about a bag that doesn't look too expensive, in which the ar will have to be broken down into two parts.

I just use a duffel bag with some towels in it to pad it down/separate the upper/lower

MrPlink
07-22-2012, 4:40 PM
Another gig bag user here.

GettoPhilosopher
07-22-2012, 5:12 PM

No, I have a sleeping bag I use to cover my firearms stuff while driving.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2