PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo gun show

MIAMIbaseballer
07-21-2012, 4:58 PM
Went today..... And it was terrible to put it nicely. Don't waste your money....

kengotit
07-21-2012, 6:08 PM
Any deals on ammo from Milwall??

spetsnaz
07-21-2012, 6:14 PM
ya i figured that one. im going to the big reno show better be worth it

XYZ
07-21-2012, 8:05 PM
Any deals on ammo from Milwall??

There system was down. Couldn't sell ammo for hours. Waste of time. Their employees were just sitting around until their system was fixed.

kengotit
07-21-2012, 8:19 PM
There system was down. Couldn't sell ammo for hours. Waste of time. Their employees were just sitting around until their system was fixed.

Did it get fixed after a few hours? Is it worth the drive from SF?

Gringo Bandito
07-21-2012, 8:24 PM
It got fixed at 3 pm and they are good to go. Bought ammo today and they have tons left.

12:13
07-21-2012, 8:42 PM
It got fixed at 3 pm and they are good to go. Bought ammo today and they have tons left.

That's good to know. Was there around 9:30 and they were accepting cash only. Sucks as I had just a little cash and a credit card burning a hole in my wallet.

Ended paying a little more for 9mm from Redline instead.

bsg
07-22-2012, 10:27 AM

to make matters worse.... that's a shame.

bohoki
07-22-2012, 2:08 PM
it was hot in there
but there were a few deals but with internet deals its hard to find something unique picked out a couple carbine handguards for $5 each no good ones left though all cracked and broke they had some powder that was cheaper than my local store

3 ammo dealers to choose from
overall i think its a typical ca gunshow i mean what do you expect?

definatly time to go to the reno show though its like going to 20 california shows at once

Atekhed
07-22-2012, 6:31 PM
it was hot in there

Definetly was. Feel sorry for the vendors who were in the stifling heat inside all day.

Typical Vallejo show, nothing overly spectacular but still good to have the show nonetheless. Ended up going the last hour so parking was free and entrance fee was reduced.

Ammo prices at Redline and Miwall booths were competitive on the ammo I was looking for (9mm and .223/5.56mm). Ended up picking up 2k rounds of Miwall 125gr TMJ reloads for $169.00 a 1k/case. Cheaper than online even with the travel, entrance fee and sales tax.

The Reno show would be, to me, like going to a candy store as a kid and not being able to buy anything. :(

kengotit
07-22-2012, 6:48 PM
I was looking for (9mm and .223/5.56mm). Ended up picking up 2k rounds of Miwall 125gr TMJ reloads for $169.00 a 1k/case. Cheaper than online even with the travel, entrance fee and sales tax :(

Did you pick yo the 500 rounds of 55.6 XM193 for 159 loose rounds ? Thought it was a good deal

DasBoost
07-23-2012, 5:40 AM
Definetly was. Feel sorry for the vendors who were in the stifling heat inside all day.

Typical Vallejo show, nothing overly spectacular but still good to have the show nonetheless. Ended up going the last hour so parking was free and entrance fee was reduced.

Ammo prices at Redline and Miwall booths were competitive on the ammo I was looking for (9mm and .223/5.56mm). Ended up picking up 2k rounds of Miwall 125gr TMJ reloads for $169.00 a 1k/case. Cheaper than online even with the travel, entrance fee and sales tax.

The Reno show would be, to me, like going to a candy store as a kid and not being able to buy anything. :(

Being a diabetic in CA, you get used to that feeling in many situations. :p I've been eyeing the reno show for ammo and just to see what it's like for the experience of a free-state gun show.

Did you pick yo the 500 rounds of 55.6 XM193 for 159 loose rounds ? Thought it was a good deal

Federal? That seems to be a great price... I paid $174 for 420rds of M855 at the last one. After reading about this one, I'm glad I worked and made money instead.

Question: Anyone get a batch of really underpowered rounds from MiWall? I bought 2 of their 250rd cans of .45 and in the first can I had about 10 or 12 really soft, practically squib-like rounds. Normal percentage or did I get the Friday afternoon can? It was my first time buying factory reloads.

mexicancolt1
07-23-2012, 8:32 AM
I'm from So Cal and normally support Crossroads of the West Gun Show. They run around to several locations. Seems that the Costa Mesa is the largest. tons of Ammo dealers. Very competitive pricing.

mexicancolt1
07-23-2012, 8:34 AM
I was thinking about heading North and check out a Northern California Gun Show. Which one is worth visiting? Looking for hard to find older classic Colts. Pre-70, 70 and 80 series 1911's.

SgtDinosaur
07-23-2012, 8:37 AM
I don't think this one was as good as some I've been to. The guns I looked at seemed overpriced for the most part. Not a huge selection. I was disappointed AAA wasn't there. And it was pretty hot in the building. Didn't see Calguns either.

However, it was better than the first Vallejo show I went to back in the '90's.

Montu
07-23-2012, 8:38 AM
Seriously Milwall pissed me off, they were just sitting there when I went on Sat at first I didn't know why so I proceeded to ask a few questions and it wasn't until I said "I'll take it!" that the guy said they weren't selling anything not even CASH..I could have gotten cash out at the atm no problem but instead they choose not to sell anything. WTH is wrong with them..I'm done with this gun show

I ended up getting ammo from red line..which really isn't a deal for 45 considering Milwall is cheaper for brand new PMC bronze
AND bullet man's delivered to your door price is 10 dollars cheaper then redline for 500 rnds ...not to mention what it cost you to get into the gun show admission+parking+toll+gas

kengotit
07-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Federal? That seems to be a great price... I paid $174 for 420rds of M855 at the last one. After reading about this one, I'm glad I worked and made money

Yes federal it was In a small 30 cal can
Bought 45acp reloads and 40sw new, loose rounds aswell,

DasBoost
07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes federal it was In a small 30 cal can
Bought 45acp reloads and 40sw new, loose rounds aswell,

I bought 500 rds of their 45 reloads; not bad except it's dirtier than Blazer and those really weak rounds I got.

I was thinking of going yesterday morning but picked up extra hour at work as I've been browsing CG's ammo sales instead.

t0kie
07-23-2012, 11:17 AM
It may be nice to look around but def. overpriced in most of them.

Atekhed
07-23-2012, 1:11 PM

I think I saw them that but decided I needed/wanted some 9mm more and the 125gr reloads were a good value (never have had an issue with Miwall reloads).

I've been eyeing the reno show for ammo and just to see what it's like for the experience of a free-state gun show.

Totally understand. I remember going to the gun shows back in Houston in the 90's before I moved here and them filling up the whole Astrohall. Literally a go all day event and you still wouldnt see everything. The problem in those days was I was a young, broke-assed college student.

I was thinking about heading North and check out a Northern California Gun Show.

Never been to any but the Vallejo show or Cow Palace show in SF. I'd dont really look for guns at the CA shows given the whole waiting period/DROS thing, mainly go to buy ammo/parts/accessories. The Cow Palace show is probably the bigger of the two so would be your better bet most likely.

thedrickel
07-23-2012, 1:24 PM
It was like a sauna in there. Would it kill them to crack a couple doors to get some air flowing? I was down $30 on parking ($7), admission ($10), toll ($5), and gas, before I walked in the door. The only thing I bought was some overpriced jerky.

kengotit
07-23-2012, 1:27 PM
Iv been to Vallejo, San Jose and Cow Palace shows,
Cow palace is of the better one from the 3, bigger venue
But last time they raised the admission to $12 from 10$ but
you can print a $1 OFF admission online . Looking forward for
the sept show

Anyone seen the Bushmaster ACR FDE for $2000? From Arlington arms?
And the FN Scar in 308 for $2700

XD40SUBBIE
07-23-2012, 1:39 PM
Darn I missed this one, was in the last one. When is the next one?

mexicancolt1
07-23-2012, 2:03 PM
I believe the Cow Palace is also a Crossroads of the West show. Most recent Gun shows offer a ton of ammo and accessories and dealers that only offer DOJ weapons. I'm a classic weapon collector. Looking for private collectors selling pistols.