PDA

View Full Version : *Please Read! Member support required!

M.Arteaga
07-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Greetings everyone,

I am reaching out by request of my cousin George "350z" who is now in prison because of his firearms. To make a long story short: wife filed for divorce and reported the firearms to the authorities and FBI. They gained access and confiscated all his firearms. All firearms were legal and registered. Part of his collection contained four AR15 assault rifles never fired. The authorities are trying to railroad him by giving him a plea bargain along with confiscating his extensive collection of firearms worth thousands. I don't know the specific charges - but they are claiming several of the firearms are illegal. He has rejected the plea and wishes to fight the case because he feels he's not guilty of any wrong doing. He has specifically requested my help and the help the members of this forum. Any ideas, recommendations or knowledge of lawyers, groups or resources where he can get real immediate help with this legal problem (aside from CGF)? He has already retained counsel for the time being and is determined to put up a good fight. We really appreciate all your time and responses to our desperate situation.

taperxz
07-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Calguns foundation hotline

eaglemike
07-20-2012, 10:46 PM
You need to reach out to the CalGuns Foundations. Yesterday would be good. I would also suggest you remove details noted above on the various configiurations.

oddjob
07-20-2012, 10:55 PM
In prison??? For what??

DSB
07-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Greetings everyone,

I am reaching out by request of my cousin George "350z" who is now in prison because of his firearms. To make a long story short: wife filed for divorce and reported the firearms to the authorities and FBI. They gained access and confiscated all his firearms. All firearms were legal and registered. Part of his collection contained four AR15 assault rifles never fired. The authorities are trying to railroad him by giving him a plea bargain along with confiscating his extensive collection of firearms worth thousands. I don't know the specific charges - but they are claiming several of the firearms are illegal. He has rejected the plea and wishes to fight the case because he feels he's not guilty of any wrong doing. He has specifically requested my help and the help the members of this forum. Any ideas, recommendations or knowledge of lawyers, groups or resources where he can get real immediate help with this legal problem (aside from CGF)? He has already retained counsel for the time being and is determined to put up a good fight. We really appreciate all your time and responses to our desperate situation.

Why "aside from CGF"? That makes me suspicious.

eaglemike
07-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Well, you could go direct to Jason Davis...... He is in SoCal (we don't know where you are). I know he's had a very decent degree of success in some cases.

Paul S
07-20-2012, 11:16 PM
In prison??? For what??

I caught that too. But I think he just made a mistake and really meant his friend is in jail. I also wonder about the claimed involvement of the FBI? Whatever...his friend needs specialized legal counsel ala Jason Davis.

Connor P Price
07-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Call CGF at (800) 556-2109

If he's in Socal he'll want to use Jason Davis, if in Norcal he'll want to use Don Kilmer. No specific details of the case should be discussed on a public forum.

Librarian
07-20-2012, 11:43 PM
One or more lawyers are the answer.