PDA

View Full Version : Is it better to buy a gun online?

go4kil
07-20-2012, 6:25 PM
I was just wondering if it's better and cheaper to buy an AR online instead of buying it through gun stores such as turners? The reason I asked, I was reading a thread about a guy who is wanting to buy i think an AK or AR and a lot of people are suggesting to buy online.

I was also planning to buy and LWRC M6A2 and I was waiting for the gunshow to see if they had good deals. Thanks!

mexicancolt1
07-20-2012, 6:35 PM
I feel you can work a better deal using Calguns. I have both sold and purchased guns at gun shows (specifically Crossroads of the West show) The assult type weapons are extremely expensive. Not alot of used one available. Seems that there are many to choose from using this forum.

Mr.1904
07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Shop around. If you can find something cheaper online after shipping, fees, tax, and dros than make it happen. That's the power of capitalism.

gunprofit
07-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Yep, it's always best to avoid those price gouging dealers and buy online. Just because they pay a ton of taxes, donate to pro-gun causes, support the gun industry, create jobs, provide places to shoot (indoor shooting ranges) is certainly no reason to buy from those over-priced SOBs. In fact, you should do everything in your power to avoid those pro-gun, pro-gun rights, pro-business, rotten local guys and buy out of state online. At least that's what I think :)

Boltz
07-21-2012, 1:05 PM
Well if price is the only thing that you care about, your LGS is probably never going to win out. But I have some good local shops that take care of their customers, and I have no problem paying a little bit more to support them. I say the more good gun shops in this state, the better!

keenkeen
07-21-2012, 5:23 PM
Yep, it's always best to avoid those price gouging dealers and buy online. Just because they pay a ton of taxes, donate to pro-gun causes, support the gun industry, create jobs, provide places to shoot (indoor shooting ranges) is certainly no reason to buy from those over-priced SOBs. In fact, you should do everything in your power to avoid those pro-gun, pro-gun rights, pro-business, rotten local guys and buy out of state online. At least that's what I think :)

Well stated.

I just go to them for complicated PPT transactions.
(I know, EVERY PPT, is complicated given most of the addle minded gun shop employees you find in CA)
I really like to go in with a PPT late in the day and only when one or both of the parties does not have the correct paperwork.
That is all the local shops are really good for anyway.

At least that's what I think. :)

CS25
07-21-2012, 6:57 PM
Why not build an AR? Consider that as an option. They arent that complicated and only require the basic of tools to build. There is plenty of literature, and youtube videos, on the subject. I dont know that is what I would do. Online is "cheaper" but once you factor in shipping and the PPT might as well have gone to your local shop.

gunprofit
07-21-2012, 8:37 PM
keenkeen = :) luv it !!!