PDA

View Full Version : Cinemark Theater's No Firearms Policy

Cactus_Tim
07-20-2012, 9:35 AM
Obviously, they need better signs.
Condolences to all the victims of this senseless attack.

Cinemark owns the Century 16 movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, scene of last night’s mass shooting. Cinemark doesn’t allow anyone other than law enforcement officers to carry legal firearms in their theaters. The ban hadn’t escape the attention of some of Cinemark’s law-abiding, gun-toting customers—even before last night’s homicidal frenzy.

From an article on The Truth About Guns website.
Cinemark Theaters No Firearms Policy (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/07/robert-farago/cinemark-theaters-no-legal-firearms-allowed/)

DannyInSoCal
07-20-2012, 9:38 AM
That way nobody will get killed.

F-ing morons.....

tenpercentfirearms
07-20-2012, 9:39 AM
I always use the metal detector rule.

whtl
07-20-2012, 9:43 AM
Do they have the death penalty in Colorado?

keenkeen
07-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Do they have the death penalty in Colorado?

Yes, they do.

Now, they have only executed one person since it was reinstated back in 1975 and only have 3 others currently on death row...

But, they do have it.

Chameleon Loco
07-20-2012, 12:03 PM
This is a very sad event but hopefully it can change all these laws about gun free zones. Either the suspect in the shooting missed the sign on his way in or he deliberatly choose that place for his saftey knowing only he had a firearm in a gun free zone.

Carbuncle
07-20-2012, 1:56 PM
You know even if they had allowed guns, I don't see how a bunch of armed people in a darkened room, most of whom have probably never been in a position where they've actually had to at least think about shooting another person, would have in any way reduced the number of casualties.
According to some of the witnesses I've been seeing on TV all day, the guy came in through one of the exits to either side of the screen. Now, it could be that things are different in Colorado, but in all the theaters I've been in those doors can't be opened from the outside.
So obviously this guy either had this all planned out, or he lucked out and some teenagers had put duct over the lock so they could get into free movies (what, don't look at me like that >.>).
So yea, unless they had metal detectors or security guards at literally every door, you can't really blame their no firearms policy for not working. Least in this case.

Ralgha
07-20-2012, 2:16 PM
You know even if they had allowed guns, I don't see how a bunch of armed people in a darkened room, most of whom have probably never been in a position where they've actually had to at least think about shooting another person, would have in any way reduced the number of casualties.
According to some of the witnesses I've been seeing on TV all day, the guy came in through one of the exits to either side of the screen. Now, it could be that things are different in Colorado, but in all the theaters I've been in those doors can't be opened from the outside.
So obviously this guy either had this all planned out, or he lucked out and some teenagers had put duct over the lock so they could get into free movies (what, don't look at me like that >.>).
So yea, unless they had metal detectors or security guards at literally every door, you can't really blame their no firearms policy for not working. Least in this case.

Whether or not armed law abiding citizens would have changed the outcome for better or worse is beside the point. The point is that gun bans only prevent the law abiding citizens from carrying a gun. The criminals are still going to bring their guns. This illustrates it perfectly.

If this guy walked into the theater and saw a "NO GUNS" sign, do you really think he would have said, "aw shucks," and left? NO!

email
07-20-2012, 2:49 PM
A little armed resistance and that coward Holmes would have retreated.

My $.02

EmmanuelM
07-20-2012, 4:15 PM
The news says he actually bought a movie ticket, proped the exit door open, went to his car to grab his armor and firearms and went back in.

I agree if there would have been some sort of resistance things wouldn't have turned out as bad.

Librarian
07-20-2012, 4:46 PM
This discussion goes to Off Topic.