PDA

View Full Version : LST firearms... Don't use them

cminzey
07-20-2012, 8:06 AM
Ok people you have heard my rant about Lightning Strike Tech. Well here is what my gun smith said they did to my conversion
ART ENTERPRISES

6/30/2012

Chuck Minzey

I was requested to do an analysis of a 10 mm slide conversion that was done By Lightning Strike Technology llc for Mr Minzey on one of his existing guns.
The following is a list of potential problems and work that was not done correctly.

The slide had to have a slot cut into it for the bushing locking notch. This slot was started on the wrong side of the slide, then the machining was moved to the correct side. The machining was started in the wrong dimension from the front of the slide. It looks like the cutter was moved forward and backward trying to find the correct location. All the time this trying to find the correction location was happening, a slot was being cut into the wrong location. This should have been one smooth operation. It is a shoddy bit of machine work. It was not ever located in the correct place and was not cut high enough in the inside of the slide for the bushing to lock correctly. Due to the locking slot being in the wrong location the slide and bushing both have been damaged. This cannot be corrected using the existing slide and bushing.

The barrel feet are not cut correctly for a short slide gun, hitting the back of the guide rod in an area that the barrel feet should not contact.

The area on the barrel just in front of the upper locking lugs was improperly relieved. One of the upper barrel locking lugs has been removed. Since even the much weaker 9mm barrels have two upper locking lugs, removing one from the high powered 10mm does not seem like a good idea. This must somewhat weaken the whole system.

The barrel has ugly file marks left on it. These are not hurting anything mechanically, but are indicative of poor workmanship in general.

Sincerely,

Alan Tillman

Please don't use them

John Cockburn
08-17-2012, 8:06 AM
[B]Sorry 'bout yur luck! Me TOO !!! I ordered their Gaboon over a year ago. Gave them "one large" for deposit. Finally, a year later they "let" me cancel my order. Now I'm fighting to get my money back. I gave them til 8/31 and then I will spend $5000 if that's what it takes to put the scammers in jail. ANY one else having heartache with them will help my case and I do receive forum related emails.

By the way, BBB's and Attorney Generals are useless for this kind of stuff when you are dealing with low-lifes that thumb their noses at authority[

Wish me luck !!!/B]

Merc1138
08-17-2012, 8:14 AM
[B]Sorry 'bout yur luck! Me TOO !!! I ordered their Gaboon over a year ago. Gave them "one large" for deposit. Finally, a year later they "let" me cancel my order. Now I'm fighting to get my money back. I gave them til 8/31 and then I will spend $5000 if that's what it takes to put the scammers in jail. ANY one else having heartache with them will help my case and I do receive forum related emails.

By the way, BBB's and Attorney Generals are useless for this kind of stuff when you are dealing with low-lifes that thumb their noses at authority[

Wish me luck !!!/B]

BBB has never had any authority to do anything. The only time a BBB complaint matters is if the business is a member and BBB has received enough complaints to threaten to kick the business out, and the business actually cares.

John Cockburn
08-28-2012, 7:46 AM
And AG offices can only "mediate". So they have no power over arrogant frauds, either. I have started litigation. I hope to get my money back. But I suspect it has already been invested in questionable substances based on LST lack of ethics and alleged "butcher" work.. But I'm hoping to push for jail time on the "consumer fraud" ticket.

There are plenty of excellent, competent gun builders out there. But this experience has turned me into a "cash 'n carry" guy. If I can't see it, feel it, fire it, etc., my money will stay in my pocket.

And I'm cancelling my subscription to Handgunner Magazine because the editor won't even print my letters to warn his readership. It was his magazine that enticed me to waste a grand on LST. Richard Mann's praise of the "Gaboon" was pure BS. And in my opinion, he is either a quack or part of the scam. He has contradicted the technology behind the Gaboon in subsequent writings.

Turds like LST really hurt the good guys in the industry.

cannon
08-28-2012, 8:09 AM

Wish me luck !!!/B]

Small Claims court? It's a simple contract case. You did not receive what you paid for.

John Cockburn
09-12-2012, 9:04 AM
Yup getting the judgement is simple...Getting the MONEY ????? Ain't happenin' !!! LST took my deposit check and signed it over to an individual who deposited it in a Federal Credit Union. LST is an LLC and he is violating tax protocol. I will report him to the IRS.

I have also corresponded with Richard Mann the writer of the Gaboon feature article two years ago. He told me he has many complaints from people who have sent him money or guns for repair. Not only does the money disappear SO DO THE GUNS !!! I will report my case with Mr Mann's comments to ATF, as well.

Mr. Mann returned his OWN Gaboon for a finish upgrade and has never seen it since.

Not only is Dustin Bonar butchering the work he does. But he is defrauding the consumer public and STEALING GUNS. He needs to go to jail and I plan to put him there if possible.

I am retiring soon and need a project! That little example of defication will be it!!!

wvcollector
12-08-2013, 8:31 AM
I too had trouble with Mr Bonar, In January of this year I gave him 4 AK kits to build for me and a friend plus a down payment of $450.00, Told me it would take about 2 months so I said ok. Well 2 months came and went so I called and he said he was waiting on triggers, called a couple more times with the same answer until Sept. 2nd when he told me that he had a conformation email that the triggers were on the way. Well I called the 17 or 18th of sept and his phone was disconnected, so we went to his business and it was not there anymore Well on Dec 6 we tracked him down in Ohio and got my 4 kits back he had started to demil 2 of them but didnt complete it. He said he will send a check for $450.00 but I bet I will have to go back to his house to collect. If anyone needs his address let me know, more than happy to help you out