View Full Version : what counts as concealed for LUCC?

07-20-2012, 3:48 AM
would this work if your shirt was concealing the gun?

or does the entire gun have to be in its locked case?

07-20-2012, 4:05 AM
nm, took me a while but i found the "fully enclosed" part of the law.

07-20-2012, 4:12 AM
Must be fully enclosed (whatever that means). As used in this section, "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, keylock, combination lock, or similar locking device. The term "locked container" does not include the utility or glove compartment of a motor vehicle.

Old code section 12026.2d pc (I don't know the new section)

07-20-2012, 4:20 AM
Must be fully enclosed (whatever that means).

Old code section 12026.2d pc (I don't know the new section)

maybe wearing a onesie with a lock on it would work

07-20-2012, 6:11 AM
My personal research into this question leads me to the following opinions:
"Fully enclosed" means you cannot touch or see any functional part of the gun when it is locked in the case. The "see" part is a bit iffy, but I've had more than one authority note that a clear plastic container just doesn't pass the "smell test" for concealed.
It doesn't really matter whether it's a plastic, metal or soft case of some kind, as long as the firearm cannot be manipulated in any way while in the container. If you can conceivably press the trigger (or even depress the mag release) while it's in the container ... maybe try a different container. This even goes for plastic containers which may flex enough to allow you to lift the edge or corner and thereby gain access.
The quality of the padlock, etc. is less important than might be imagined, but it should be sturdy enough to survive a light tug.
Similarly, the container itself should be able to survive reasonable handling without failing, tearing open, etc.

07-20-2012, 6:52 AM
There is no part of the law which requires "concealed"