PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Square Deal B

NoNOS67
07-19-2012, 4:50 PM
Looking for opinions on the Square Deal B. I know that Dillon is top notch as far as quality goes and I have a chance to pick one of these up for around $200. What do you guys think?

XDRoX
07-19-2012, 4:57 PM
Only loads pistol rounds and requires special dies. Besides these two little things, it's a great press backed by Dillon's legendary CS. One member on here has 3 IIRC. The rifle thing doesn't bother me but only being able to use special dies has always turned me off to one. I have a lot of presses and a lot of dies.

XDRoX
07-19-2012, 4:59 PM
Just saw you said you can get one for $200. I'd buy it in a second for that price and use it as a dedicated machine in one caliber.

NiteQwill
07-19-2012, 5:10 PM
$200! Where?! I'll buy it... ;)

NoNOS67
07-19-2012, 5:42 PM
Wasn't aware of the need for special dies, that's good to know. Any logical reason behind it? I figured you guys would tell me to jump on it! Haha

XDRoX
07-19-2012, 5:49 PM
Wasn't aware of the need for special dies, that's good to know. Any logical reason behind it? I figured you guys would tell me to jump on it! Haha

Oh I'm still saying jump on it. Is it local? If it is I have $200 in my wallet right now if you decide you don't want it. I just walked in my door from a 5 hour drive from Vegas. I lost more than that at the roulette table last night:D. I would have made it in 4 and 1/2 hours but my 3 yr old kept having to go to the bathroom:D

I don't know why they use special dies. It's very small and compact and normal dies probably won't fit. Seems very weird to me also. But $200 is a steal. Buy it now:D

XDRoX
07-19-2012, 5:52 PM
But if it's already set up for a caliber you don't reload you'll need to buy dies and a caliber conversion kit for it. I don't know how much that all costs but I'd guess around $80.

NoNOS67
07-19-2012, 6:00 PM
But if it's already set up for a caliber you don't reload you'll need to buy dies and a caliber conversion kit for it. I don't know how much that all costs but I'd guess around $80.

It's already set up for .40, which is what I shoot most. :D

XDRoX
07-19-2012, 6:02 PM
It's already set up for .40, which is what I shoot most. :D

Then why are you still online?

Dark Mod
07-19-2012, 6:06 PM
You can probably buy it and instantly sell it for more. Hell, load on it for 20 years and you can still sell it for more than you bought it for

Bill Steele
07-19-2012, 7:40 PM
If you have large paws, you may end up not liking it as it is pretty tight in there. For that price you are only risking your time to set it up and try it.

Revoman
07-19-2012, 7:58 PM
"One member on here has 3 IIRC."

Ummm....that'd be me, except that it's 4. I think that they are great loaders, function flawlessly. Pistol calibers only and proprietary dies. And yes, it is because the toolhead is smaller than normal.

"If you have large paws, you may end up not liking it as it is pretty tight in there."

I do have big paws and it still works well for me.

New dies run $86, you can find used ones at the usual online places though for less. Toolheads are about $25.

$200 is a good deal, they sell for about $370 new. Anything wrong with it, call Dillon. Set up is super easy. I would recommend getting a manual for it though. It's easier to understand the functions if you have the manual.

Oh, and it should come with both a small and large primer feed system. If it's an older model, there are a couple of upgrade/safety mods that you should get from Dillon also. If it's anything to do with safety, Dillon is all over it.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb2/mhearne/Gino%203-24-12/th_Gino010.jpg (http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb2/mhearne/Gino%203-24-12/Gino010.jpg)

foxtrotuniformlima
07-19-2012, 8:03 PM
Like others have said, buy it.

It is a great press for loading handgun and I'd pay $ 250 for one without a second thought. Sight unseen.

The Dillon warranty is phenomenal. Lifetime of the machine. If something breaks they ship it to you on their dime.

NoNOS67
07-19-2012, 8:28 PM
I guess that settles it! Using it as a dedicated press for .40 isn't a bad idea, that's why I have five shotshell presses. :) Thanks for the input! I'll let you guys know when I pick it up.

NoNOS67
07-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Well, the guy loaned it to a family member for a bit, but he promised to call when he gets it back. We will see...