PDA

View Full Version : Latest Brady Email - SB249 and Kamala Harris

CitaDeL
07-18-2012, 5:46 PM
Call California Attorney General Kamala Harris Today!
Tell Her to Enforce California's Assault Weapon Law

Dear California Brady Campaign Member:

Ever since Patrick Purdy fired 106 rounds with an assault weapon on a Stockton schoolyard in 1989, killing five school children and wounding 29 others, California has banned these deadly weapons.

But now, profit-hungry and unscrupulous gun manufacturers are purposely evading California's law by marketing and selling so-called "bullet button"-equipped assault weapons. Gun makers claim that if a gunman has to use a bullet to push a button to quickly reload an AK-47, then it somehow is not an assault weapon. We know that's a lie.

This means military-style weapons are once again flooding communities in the Golden State.

California Attorney General Kamala Harris can take immediate action to block these illegal sales by gun manufacturers.

Call Attorney General Kamala Harris at 916-323-8270

"As a concerned citizen of California, I urge you to use your authority to shut down the sale of 'Bullet Button' assault weapons!"

Every moment we wait, people could die. Gun makers are marketing and advertising these guns as “California approved” weapons.

This is another example of the gun lobby’s hypocrisy. The gun lobby says just enforce the laws on the books and then they work with the industry to do everything to undermine California's strong gun laws just to make a buck.

Call Attorney General Harris today, and forward this message to your family and friends in California!

Complete and utter fact fail.

They continue to paint a picture that somehow the law is being broken, when in reality, both gun owners and manufacturers are strictly adhering to the law. What an 'assault weapon' is, is defined by characteristics listed in the law, yet they are all 'military-style weapons' being dumped into the street by the truckload and someone might die if we dont do something right now. This sense of urgency is like six years too late.

Jason_2111
07-18-2012, 5:51 PM
If you go hunting for logic in this mess of emotional anti-gun fear and cr@p, don't be surprised when you don't find it. I'm surprised they aren't claiming that a bullet button, all on it's on, is a choking hazard for an infant! Ye gods, children are dying!!!

Complete fact fail is correct... but they aren't concerned with facts.

Bangzoom
07-18-2012, 5:54 PM
yet its cool to have a fast car that can go well over 100 mph and the commercials even seem to encourage driving like mario andretti (oops am i showing my age?) and car accidents kill way more people a year...where is the outcry???? what about the children??

wildhawker
07-18-2012, 5:56 PM
Breaking news: a local videographer has captured the Brady Campaign running a drill on A.G. Kamala Harris!

KTc3PsW5ghQ

-Brandon

cdtx2001
07-18-2012, 6:04 PM
What's the Brady campaign? Are they still relevant?

loather
07-18-2012, 6:20 PM

Never, *ever* underestimate the power of a misinformed idiot.

SilverTauron
07-18-2012, 6:30 PM

Relevance & logic isn't the point. As close as the Brady's are to the government in CA, it would be wise to watch that organization no matter how insane its principles are.

Dantedamean
07-18-2012, 6:31 PM
Fear mongering morons.

Capybara
07-18-2012, 6:35 PM
Sounds like the 50 yard fake out. We all go after Yee with the Mag Magnet/Conversion Kit and he fakes and tosses to the Brady Bunch while they go the opposite direction. These pesky antis are tricky and I couldn't agree more, misinformed, lying, alarmist idiots can be very dangerous to us.

They will not rest until all civilians in this state are disarmed and only their LEOs and criminals will have the guns.

SanPedroShooter
07-18-2012, 6:56 PM
Coming up on ten years too late right?

Better late than never....

I understand though, they see their 'controversy' and are running with it. True to type as usual.

StormRaven
07-18-2012, 7:03 PM
Yet again, people who cultivate a culture of fear fail to realize that guns don't kill people. Sick, disturbed people who should never have weapons in the first place and usually acquire them ILLEGALLY kill people.

Using this logic, cars should be banned because people drink and then drive.

OleCuss
07-18-2012, 7:07 PM
Actually, I hope the effort succeeds in getting Kamala to declare the BB-equipped firearm to be illegal. So more power to Brady!

Of course, because of what happens to a court case or two (or more) in the event that Kamala actually did what Brady urges, the Brady Campaign would rue the day. . . Kamala would be hated by the Left.

We would rejoice at the obvious ruling in Haynie/Richards saying that the current BSAR law is unconstitutionally vague!

This is the only case where I really hope the Brady Campaign can get a politician to do as they requested! Even opening the requisite hearings would mean that DOJ isn't able to analyze the BSAR law well enough to be sure what it means!

It's beautiful! I'm tempted to call Kamala's office and tell them that I support the Brady Campaign's urging to change the DOJ guidance on BBs. Too delicious. . .

mag360
07-18-2012, 7:10 PM
Somehow they leverage better. I bet no more than a handful of brady people call and ask for more gun restrictions yet they manage to drown out thousands of us.

SanPedroShooter
07-18-2012, 7:12 PM
Somehow they leverage better. I bet no more than a handful of brady people call and ask for more gun restrictions yet they manage to drown out thousands of us.

They seem to be tipping a house that is already falling that way anyway.

dantodd
07-18-2012, 7:18 PM
Oh my, this brings up such awesome evil thoughts I can't even begin to actually type them out. But the term Maskirovka has been used before.....

CitaDeL
07-18-2012, 7:22 PM
Breaking news: a local videographer has captured the Brady Campaign running a drill on A.G. Kamala Harris!

KTc3PsW5ghQ

-Brandon

Bazinga.

As Brandon has pointed out, the drill that the Brady Campaign is running here is burning time and effort to communicate non-sensical gibberish to an AG that is reluctant to engage this new issue affecting assault weapons. I would add that if this keeps them busy enough to distract themselves from real anti-gun work- more power to them.

InGrAM
07-18-2012, 7:53 PM
epic fail..... :facepalm:

ClarenceBoddicker
07-18-2012, 8:07 PM
They need to be called by their real name: National Council to Control Handguns.

Extra411
07-18-2012, 8:24 PM
I lose brain cells when I read things like this. It's entirely unhealthy to my well being.

smirnus3000
07-18-2012, 8:52 PM
WIN!!

KTc3PsW5ghQ

-Brandon

TempleKnight
07-18-2012, 8:54 PM
Using this logic, cars should be banned because people drink and then drive.

good idea!!!! let's all ride the high-speed rail!!!

Oh, it only goes from Modesto to Merced and it isn't built yet. nevermind

Bolillo
07-18-2012, 8:59 PM
https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/scz/keigwin-Brady-stooge.jpg

Hard Link (https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/scz/keigwin-Brady-stooge.jpg)

G60
07-18-2012, 9:02 PM
"This means military-style weapons are once again flooding communities in the Golden State..."

F*CK YEAH.

Lone_Gunman
07-18-2012, 9:12 PM
The take away from this letter: The gun grabbers have used the actions of one person, 23 years ago, to justify infringing on an entire generation of Californians' rights.

Tacobandit
07-18-2012, 9:15 PM
I think we need to start an anti-brady coalition facebook page and put up all the facts relevant to prove their stupid emails wrong and bombard all the crap they post

nicoroshi
07-18-2012, 9:23 PM
Every moment we wait, people could die

Interesting wording.
I wonder exactly how many have died from bullet buttoned semi-auto rifles since the definition of 'detachable magazine' was handed down?

My humble guess is it's a staggeringly tiny number if any at all.
How long has the gun industry been producing, and selling bullet buttoned AR, and AK rifles in California now?
More importantly. How many are here right now?

Epic fear mongering FAIL.

Pardon me while I sweep the burned brain cells from my keyboard that fell out of my ears when I was reading that drivel.

Dantedamean
07-18-2012, 9:27 PM
Interesting wording.
I wonder exactly how many have died from bullet buttoned semi-auto rifles since the definition of 'detachable magazine' was handed down?

My humble guess is it's a staggeringly tiny number if any at all.
How long has the gun industry been producing, and selling bullet buttoned AR, and AK rifles in California now?
More importantly. How many are here right now?

Epic fear mongering FAIL.

Pardon me while I sweep the burned brain cells from my keyboard that fell out of my ears when I was reading that drivel.

Ya I asked yee and that moron he has trolling us on twitter how many people are killed by rifles with bullet buttons. I've asked them like 4-5 times. Still no answer. My guess is 0.

artoaster
07-18-2012, 9:35 PM
Not worth listening to their drivel.

I regret even reading it.

Why can't these people just go to a petting zoo and STFU?

SamsDX
07-18-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm not surprised at all about this latest effort to try to garner "grassroots" support, because they said the same thing over a month ago in their letter to the AG. If she didn't respond back then, I don't know what makes them think having supporters call in would suddenly make it all that much more persuasive. Sounds like the definition of insanity to me...? :shrug:

Past AGs have been given ample warning of the unpleasantness that would come their way if a re-definition was even thought about being considered. Ms. Harris, as misguided at times she can be, is no dummy. She (hopefully) knows there's a fine line to be treaded when it comes to this issue. I find it almost comical that the Bradys are trying to make this stick again.

Interfan
07-18-2012, 10:41 PM

They continue to paint a picture that somehow the law is being broken, when in reality, both gun owners and manufacturers are strictly adhering to the law. What an 'assault weapon' is, is defined by characteristics listed in the law, yet they are all 'military-style weapons' being dumped into the street by the truckload and someone might die if we dont do something right now. This sense of urgency is like six years too late.

The Bradys like to scare with taglines like "military-style" weapons.
This is a "military-style" weapon:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/Brown_Bess.png/800px-Brown_Bess.png

I guess these are scary to Sarah Brady. Call Kamala Harris and tell her to ban the Brown Bess. Some angry colonials may use them to rise up against tyranny. :wacko:

MrExel17
07-18-2012, 11:06 PM
:facepalm:

phamkl
07-18-2012, 11:52 PM
A criminal would have to be truly and thoroughly sick in the head to open fire on a schoolyard, as referenced by the Brady email to the 23 year old tragedy, and somehow at the same time be concerned about the assault weapons possession charge.

Although to be fair, that is a felony so it'd add a lot of years to the life sentence.

IrishPirate
07-18-2012, 11:59 PM
the saddest and scariest part is that people believe these lies without question.

the silver lining is it only reaches <50,000 people, whereas the NRA can contact >4,000,000

gunsandrockets
07-19-2012, 12:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxyr5_Y2zv4

Too too funny!:smilielol5:

Even though Kamala is a staunch anti-gun ally the Brady bunch still try to pressure her, because she isn't as stupid as the Brady bunch. The venom of the anti-gunners is so great, their desire to f**k us over is so overpowering that they can't even understand the best way to do it. No patience, no strategy.

It's hard to believe those idiots could have caused so much grief to so many for as long as they have. At that level of idiocy it's amazing they can cross the street alive.

stix213
07-19-2012, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxyr5_Y2zv4

Too too funny!:smilielol5:

Even though Kamala is a staunch anti-gun ally the Brady bunch still try to pressure her, because she isn't as stupid as the Brady bunch. The venom of the anti-gunners is so great, their desire to f**k us over is so overpowering that they can't even understand the best way to do it. No patience, no strategy.

It's hard to believe those idiots could have caused so much grief to so many for as long as they have. At that level of idiocy it's amazing they can cross the street alive.

I think the difference is most of the "smart" anti-gunners from years past who are politically savvy have noticed which way the wind is blowing, and don't want to be the morons who didn't evacuate with the hurricane warning. Only the dummies are left :p

Sgt Raven
07-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Please oh please Kamala, don't throw us into the briar patch. :gura:

OleCuss
07-19-2012, 7:36 AM
^^^^This^^^^

tenpercentfirearms
07-19-2012, 7:46 AM
Question: What in the hell can she do about it? She doesn't make new legislation. Does anyone know what they are requesting her to do?

Wallabing
07-19-2012, 7:56 AM
Question: What in the hell can she do about it? She doesn't make new legislation. Does anyone know what they are requesting her to do?

Brady is trying to recreate the DOJ situation that happened with the sks rifle ordeal.

I guess.

dantodd
07-19-2012, 7:56 AM

Remove "bullet" as a tool from the regulation defining "ability to accept a detachable magazine"

Bhobbs
07-19-2012, 9:06 AM

They are plenty relevent because anti gun laws are still being passed in this state.

CEDaytonaRydr
07-19-2012, 9:10 AM
Ever since Patrick Purdy fired 106 rounds with an assault weapon on a Stockton schoolyard in 1989, killing five school children and wounding 29 others, California has banned these deadly weapons.

...but aren't schools supposed to be gun free zones? :rolleyes:

Wherryj
07-19-2012, 9:53 AM
yet its cool to have a fast car that can go well over 100 mph and the commercials even seem to encourage driving like mario andretti (oops am i showing my age?) and car accidents kill way more people a year...where is the outcry???? what about the children??

I personally have two such "assault vehicles". No need for outcry...it's all about reasonable use.

And at least you didn't say "Jackie Stewart".

robcoe
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
I personally have two such "assault vehicles". No need for outcry...it's all about reasonable use.

And at least you didn't say "Jackie Stewart".

Brady has never heard of the concept of reasonable.

And who hasn't heard of Jackie Stewart?

surfguy
07-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Travis Pastrana is my go-to 2 and 4 wheel madman. Heck of an athlete but that's another thread. The Brady Bunch is out to lunch on this one.

wildhawker
07-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Travis Pastrana is my go-to 2 and 4 wheel madman. Heck of an athlete but that's another thread. The Brady Bunch is out to lunch on this one.

:confused:

CEDaytonaRydr
07-19-2012, 11:27 AM
The Brady Bunch is out to lunch on this one.

When are they not? :rolleyes:

RaiderNation
07-19-2012, 11:42 AM

I always give my anti-gun friends the same analogy and also mention to them that alcohol also kills thousands of people every year and ruins even more lives. Yet these two things are a luxury and not a Constitutional Right. After that they usually STFU.

Chief2Guns
07-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Car accidents and cigarettes kill more people every year than guns. At least guns have a safety switch. :wacko: