PDA

View Full Version : In danger of becoming a criminal

cannon
07-18-2012, 5:13 PM
We just moved to a new house that had been vacant for a bit. It also had a small water drip in the front yard. Yard is five acres BTW.

Our front yard has a covey so large it's a freakin herd of the fattest must waddle because they can't run quail I have ever seen.

These birds are actually round!

I really really really want to pop off a couple with a BB gun and fire up the BBQ but alas no license this year since the Mrs. and I had to skip our usual varmint hunting vacation.

Sigh

Hunter87
07-18-2012, 5:24 PM
Quail season isn't until October but I feel your pain, every time the dove land in the tree over my yard.

VFX_man
07-18-2012, 5:41 PM
We just moved to a new house that had been vacant for a bit. It also had a small water drip in the front yard. Yard is five acres BTW.

Our front yard has a covey so large it's a freakin herd of the fattest must waddle because they can't run quail I have ever seen.

These birds are actually round!

I really really really want to pop off a couple with a BB gun and fire up the BBQ but alas no license this year since the Mrs. and I had to skip our usual varmint hunting vacation.

Sigh

Just be very careful as you drive your vehicle at 70 mph across your property. Wouldn't want to hit something(s) since your radiator would cook anything that gets lodged in it ;)

21SF
07-19-2012, 8:52 AM
make sure you dont drop bread with alkaselzer in it.....

chknlyps2
07-19-2012, 11:29 PM
I think if they are doing dammage to your garden you have the right to stop them without a hunting licence or being in season. I know that works for rabbits.

PoorRichRichard
07-20-2012, 12:10 AM
^+1

If I were you, I'd immediately begin planting a garden:D

PoorRichRichard
07-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Oh, and, YOU LUCKY BASTARD!

mif_slim
07-20-2012, 5:52 AM
Lol. Their varmints! Kill em!!! Jk. :)

I recently cut my trees in my backyard and I too have a pretty large parcel of land...the next morning at least 60 doves were on the ground.... Man, if it were dove season.... There would of been 4-5 on my grill..haha...

Sunday
07-20-2012, 7:07 AM
The only bad thing about popping the game is they may not be there when the time comes where you really need them.

CSACANNONEER
07-20-2012, 7:10 AM
Just leave my diner alone until season starts. I'll come over (with a license) and harvest enough for dinner for 4.

cannon
07-20-2012, 7:10 AM
The only bad thing about popping the game is they may not be there when the time comes where you really need them.

You know what's going to happen right?

In Sept. all these fat round quail are going to go to Jenny Craig and get slim and then leave my yard the day before the season starts.

CSACANNONEER
07-20-2012, 7:12 AM
You know what's going to happen right?

In Sept. all these fat round quail are going to go to Jenny Craig and get slim and then leave my yard the day before the season starts.

Walmart and the 99 cent stores both carry bird seed.

cannon
07-20-2012, 4:54 PM

LOL!

And yes do come over on opening day. We'll have quail for dinner. Seriously bring a pellet gun. A shotgun at these ranges would only leave a puff of feathers and some feet.

POLICESTATE
07-20-2012, 4:58 PM
Yeah feed em and let them love you until the day you need them :43:

PoorRichRichard
07-20-2012, 5:16 PM
Yeah feed em and let them love you until the day you need them

HA!!! Great post. Just don't let your kids get all attached to them. I still have to lie to my 7-year-old about hunting cottontails...

chknlyps2
07-22-2012, 7:03 PM

Chicken scratch works great too, If you have a friend with some farm animals get some and some hay, the hay works great for keeping the rabbits around till you need them ;)