PDA

View Full Version : legal questions about the mossberg 500 cruiser

mossy
07-17-2012, 9:46 PM
i have been wanting a cruiser for a while now (yes i have shot them before, i know how much they kick) and after seeing the price on a new JIC 2 i am ready to put it in jail. but before i do i had some questions about buying it and modifying it.

1: i know it is not a long gun so you have to be 21 to buy it, but do i need to bring a HSC or something else with me when i buy it?

2: i am also planning on getting a gen 2 glock 22, if i DROS them at the same time will i save any money or will i have to pay DROS for each?

3: is it legal to put full stock on and make it a long gun for a while, then take the stock off and put the pistol grip back on and make it a cruiser again?

Quiet
07-17-2012, 10:39 PM
i have been wanting a cruiser for a while now (yes i have shot them before, i know how much they kick) and after seeing the price on a new JIC 2 i am ready to put it in jail. but before i do i had some questions about buying it and modifying it.

1: i know it is not a long gun so you have to be 21 to buy it, but do i need to bring a HSC or something else with me when i buy it?

2: i am also planning on getting a gen 2 glock 22, if i DROS them at the same time will i save any money or will i have to pay DROS for each?

3: is it legal to put full stock on and make it a long gun for a while, then take the stock off and put the pistol grip back on and make it a cruiser again?

1. No. HSC is needed when you acquire a handgun. The crusier is a Title 1 other.
It will be 4473'd as a "other" and DROS'd as a "long gun".

2. Handguns need their own DROS. So, you will ended up doing two DROS, one for the handgun and one for the crusier ("long gun").

3. Yes. It is legal to do that.
It is legal under Federal & CA laws to make a Title 1 other into a Title 1 shotgun.
But, complications arise if you attempt to make it into a Title 2 firearm.