PDA

View Full Version : question about dros

Schlyme
07-16-2012, 9:26 PM
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but will ask anyway. I have a Browning Buckmark on a 10 day. I seen Big5 has m1 carbines at a decent price and want to get one before the sale is over. There shouldn't be an issue putting the m1 in dros since it's a long gun correct.

Meety Peety
07-16-2012, 9:27 PM
Correct.

littlejake
07-17-2012, 12:00 AM
No problem -- 1 in 30 is handguns only.

OlderThanDirt
07-17-2012, 4:45 PM
Long, long ago (like a couple of years ago), you could have added that M1 to the DROS for your Browning Buckmark up until the time you picked up the Browning. Now you will have to start a new DROS and 10-day wait.

dantodd
07-17-2012, 4:57 PM
Long, long ago (like a couple of years ago), you could have added that M1 to the DROS for your Browning Buckmark up until the time you picked up the Browning. Now you will have to start a new DROS and 10-day wait.

Many dealers will still do this. As long as the dealer doesn't complete the "number of firearms" field before pick up (which isn't required) they can fill it in at pickup to reflect the actual number of long guns taken home.

OlderThanDirt
07-17-2012, 5:12 PM
Many dealers will still do this. As long as the dealer doesn't complete the "number of firearms" field before pick up (which isn't required) they can fill it in at pickup to reflect the actual number of long guns taken home.

This is probably the case for dealers that are still using the regular form. From what I have been told, FFLs using the newer computer entry method cannot leave that field blank.