PDA

View Full Version : ***SOLD*** (C&R) Winchester 1897 (Model '97) 12GA takedown, San Diego $400 OBO

LD1988
07-16-2012, 8:49 PM
****SOLD SOLD SOLD**** Thanks for all the offers ****

Up for sale is my:

1918 Winchester Model 1897 12 gauge pump-action shotgun. It is the take-down style, with an 18" barrel. I think the barrel was shortened at some point in time based on my reading. Barrel is stamped full choke, but its more like modified.
Magazine holds 5 shells + 1 in chamber. Gun is capable of slamfiring. note IT IS NOT A TRENCHGUN TYPE. Its a sporting type with a trench length barrel.

Condition: Excellent. Clean bore and barrel, no pitting or rust. I stripped, cleaned and lubed it myself, and replaced several of the more stress-prone parts. It shoots amazingly well. Very good pattern, smooth action, great click-clack sound on pumping.
Bluing is at around 90% id say. The bolt is bare metal, no rust, well oiled. The takedown area is very nice and snug, with slack left on the nut.

Buttstock is new Boyds walnut. Same setup as original. I called the DOJ and they said it still counts as C&R since they did come in a 18" barrel setup and the stock did not change from original configuration.

Beautiful gun, great to shoot, lots of life in it. I will even show you how to disassemble it. Its not as hard as google says it is!

Asking 400 OBO, or will consider a trade plus cash (from me) for a Saiga 7.62x39 or similar nice AK clone.

PICS WILL GO UP TOMORROW WHEN ITS LIGHT OUT. EMAIL WITH MOREE INFO. THANKS!

LD1988
07-17-2012, 8:00 AM
Again, will consider trades (plus cash from me if needed) for a Saiga or other AK clone, or 20" AR upper (name brands only, no gun show pieces). Also looking for an AK 80% receiver flat and parts kit.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

LagoGago
07-17-2012, 8:58 AM
Pm offer sent.