PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

bigdawg86
07-16-2012, 4:26 PM
So I just sold some stuff... I have about 1000 bucks in my pocket to do with as I please. I currently am getting into reloading and have supplies on hand to tap out a few thousand rounds of various calipers. I don't shoot all that often, but reload/stockpile until I can shoot. I have a Rockchucker and an old Redding 6 die single stage turret. I am not sure if I should...

1.)buy a gun
2.)buy a progressive press... if so I am not sure best place to buy them from. Dillon is the shiznit, but I am open to any auto indexing press. I would prefer to use the dies I already have to keep startup cost down.
3.)buy components for what I already have. I reload .223, 45ACP, 38/357, 9mm.

I really like the idea of busting out a case of ammo in a couple hours and then being done with it...

bandook
07-16-2012, 4:48 PM
If you don't shoot that often, buy a gun...
If there is any money left over, I'd put it towards components.

I don't think you would be comfortably situated for your calibers in a Dillon for a mere $1000.

joelogic
07-16-2012, 7:23 PM
I am going to start encouraging friends to split a progressive press. I use mine maybe 3 hours every 3 months.

...maybe I need to start shooting more.

bigdawg86
07-16-2012, 8:20 PM
I would probably have the same usage as you... power through about 1k for whatever caliber... then start over whenever I need more ammo. I think I am going the primer/powder/bullets route if I could get into the current inland empire group buy.