PDA

View Full Version : Stanilaus county shooting, possible scouting in d-6

vector16
07-15-2012, 7:02 PM
I just moved up to the Modesto area 3 weeks ago. I have been to Manteca Sportsmen and the range up in Ripon. I would like to find an area that I could just bring all my guns and go shoot w/o having to worry about the range rules to much. BLM land would be great. I would like to rapid fire and be able to shoot clays with my shotgun and not have to worry about the range rules saying that I can only fire 1 time per clay, shoot my pistols 1 shot every second, or shoot my 30-06 1 time every 5-10 seconds. Also would ber nice to find an area that I could shoot 200 to 600+ yards if I felt like it. A map would be ideal or to meet someone in the area that know of a place to go. I am also going to be hunting D-6 come deer season and it would be great to meet some one to go scouting with.
Any ideas on the place to shoot?
Can I just go find a spot that I like in the forest somewhere and go to it?
If youy are in the area of Modesto and would like to go shooing with me PM me and we can arrange to meet.
Thanks for your help in advance.

canative
07-15-2012, 7:55 PM
Go up 108 and do some recon. There are a lot of forest service/fire roads to check out on BLM land, just make sure to clean up after yourself.

Shoot-it
07-15-2012, 8:19 PM
Go up 108 and do some recon. There are a lot of forest service/fire roads to check out on BLM land, just make sure to clean up after yourself.

It's not good be be target shooting during deer season it's dangerous with people out and about.Now is a good time to go before it starts in a few months.

Kelster1574
07-16-2012, 7:12 PM
Head up 132 and take a BLM map with you. I have a couple good areas I take my boys.