View Full Version : Intra-familial handgun transaction

07-15-2012, 5:20 PM
I have a question about this process. I want to give me wife one of my guns. A friend of mine said she would have to get a handgun safety card and we would have to do a PPT with a FFL. Browsing the DOJ sight it looks like she does have to get her safety card but we can just use this form and pay 19 bucks and be done with it. Is this correct and the part that says "How possesion was obtained" would you put something like "Gift"? Thanks

07-15-2012, 5:24 PM
Yes! Just use the "operation of law" form.

Mssr. Eleganté
07-15-2012, 5:27 PM
You are right. She just needs to get an HSC and then she can fill out that form and mail it in. "Gift" will work.

07-15-2012, 5:48 PM
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.