View Full Version : help me decide on which scope.

05-31-2007, 5:32 PM
I am mulling over which scope to buy. I have a nikon 6.5x20 Monarch with ill. mil dot. I have been thinking of getting another one but I wqas also looking at the Burris Fullfield II in 6.5x20 with mil dot. The Burris is slightly cheaper and does not have ill. mil dot. I don't really care about the illumination. How good is the glass of teh Burris compared to the Nikon?

06-04-2007, 3:38 PM
I have the Burris XTR and it is a solid scope. FullField II should be a good scope for the money from what I have heard at a couple of snipers' sites.

What I had first was the Nikon Buckmaster with mil dot. Nothing wrong with this scope, but I decided that I want the Burris XTR instead. My other option was the Nikon Tactical, but the price is a bit higher. Burris customer service is also pretty good. I was going to buy a used XTR scope with knobs that were in bad shape, so I called up Burris and they told me after I receive the scope, just call them up again and they will send me the replacement knobs for free. I think that is pretty nice for them to offer that.

Nikon's service is also good. I got a 2x pistol scope via eBay without manual and the manual is not available online. A phone call to Nikon and I got a xerox copy of the manual in 10 days.

The best way to select the scope is to compare them side by side, if that is possible.